Sign in to follow this  
sjed

UTX version 2 has been released

http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=utxusa

Downloading now.  50% off if you owned v1.4 - you can install P3D and or fsx.  I believe it's compatible with orbx global etc.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

meh.. i dont see any difference 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Well if the roads didn't change in your home area you probably won't notice anything.  I think they re-did the lighting system though - it appears similar to the orbx global stuff.

To me it just seemed like a data update but works with P3D too and only 15 bucks if you owned the old version, which I did.  Pretty good deal imho - but I don't fly much outside of the US.  Also the data is technically more accurate in the US.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I'll think I'll pass, even though I have UTX USA 1.4. Saving my pennies for something better. Their XTreme Cities add on is pretty good though.

Apart from the data enhancements and feature additions, the big step seems to be that UTX now officially supports P3D, no?

How is the performance?

With 1.4 I had to disable roads to get decent performance. Lighting was just as bad.

If car traffic doesn't affect performance, I'm upgrading.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Upgraded data 7 years later in 21st century is different than 1960s era photoscenery in monocolor that showed actual freeways and suburbs springing up. Lights is really wanna see how it looks with fsx default and mega scenery earth.

Downloading now.

I hope I can run UTX with it's new vector lights and FTXG with good performance. :P

I have been pleased with v1.4.  I do see there is a 50% discount coupon for owners of V1.x, so that really helps, but unless there is a significant improvement in visuals and/or performance, why should I upgrade?

Anxiously waiting for some people to purchase and give feedback.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

I have been pleased with v1.4.  I do see there is a 50% discount coupon for owners of V1.x, so that really helps, but unless there is a significant improvement in visuals and/or performance, why should I upgrade?

Anxiously waiting for some people to purchase and give feedback.

I might have too wait a few days to try this. I'm also waiting for feedback.

I downloaded and used it sparingly but from I've seen, I like it. The light system appears to be like Global except you have much more control over coloring, size, etc. Also lights along the roads produce illuminated spots under them that make them very realistic. I can only speak for my machine, but I have not noticed any performance problems or lag with the lights. Spacing between the lights can also be adjusted if they need to be to help with slower machines. I've only flown in San Diego and Philly area but that's what I've seen so far. Very nice.

SJED

I downloaded and used it sparingly but from I've seen, I like it. The light system appears to be like Global except you have much more control over coloring, size, etc. Also lights along the roads produce illuminated spots under them that make them very realistic. I can only speak for my machine, but I have not noticed any performance problems or lag with the lights. Spacing between the lights can also be adjusted if they need to be to help with slower machines. I've only flown in San Diego and Philly area but that's what I've seen so far. Very nice.

Are you using FTX Global? If yes, does UTX lights work well with FTX lights?

No, I am not using global lights. I've  used them in the past so I know what they look like. I like these lights better with the spotlight under them. From their FAQ it supposed to work well with global. Mind you, I'm not saying global LIGHTS because I don't know that for sure. If you were using these lights there really wouldn't be a need for global lights because you can have all the lights you need with UTX. I also found that the roadways are taken from TomTom data. I just tried it and found my home area pretty easily following known roadways.

I took some screenshots to show but can't figure out how to put them in the message. You can go to the Flight1 website and look at their night photos. Pretty impressive, IMHO.

SJED

No, I am not using global lights. I've used them in the past so I know what they look like. I like these lights better with the spotlight under them. From their FAQ it supposed to work well with global. Mind you, I'm not saying global LIGHTS because I don't know that for sure. If you were using these lights there really wouldn't be a need for global lights because you can have all the lights you need with UTX. I also found that the roadways are taken from TomTom data. I just tried it and found my home area pretty easily following known roadways.

I took some screenshots to show but can't figure out how to put them in the message. You can go to the Flight1 website and look at their night photos. Pretty impressive, IMHO.

Thank you. I have FTXG and I have 3D lights around the world.

I'm hoping that I can use UTX vector lights and roads without a performance hit.

I can disable FTX Vector lights.