Sign in to follow this  
sjed

UTX version 2 has been released

Thank you. I have FTXG and I have 3D lights around the world.

I'm hoping that I can use UTX vector lights and roads without a performance hit.

I can disable FTX Vector lights.

Im interested in this too and cannot work it out from forums and manuals. I have FTX Global and will have UTX v2.0 soon (in P3D). I would like to use autogen lights but ONLY if no FPS hit. So what do i do....

- enable FTX and disable UTX;

- vice versa;

- disable all beacuse it turns things into a slide show; or

- something else.....

Im intrigued and confused.....

Rob Bates
Simming since the age of 10 with MSFS 5.0

P3D v5.0 | 10700K (@stock) | EVGA GTX1080Ti SC2 | Z490-E ROG STRIX | 32GB 3600MHz | 970 EVO Plus M.2 & EVO 850 SSDs | H115i cooling | NZXT H440 Case | Samsung 32" CJG 1440p Curved Monitor | Virtual-Fly Ruddo & TQ3+ | Thrustmaster FCS Sidestick | Skalarki MCDU

Ask me about (my most flown): FSLabs A320-X series | MaddogX
In the hangar: Majestic Q400 Pro | PMDG 747 | A2A C182, Cherokee, Comanche & Spitfire

Im interested in this too and cannot work it out from forums and manuals. I have FTX Global and will have UTX v2.0 soon (in P3D). I would like to use autogen lights but ONLY if no FPS hit. So what do i do....

- enable FTX and disable UTX;

- vice versa;

- disable all beacuse it turns things into a slide show; or

- something else.....

Im intrigued and confused.....

You will need to test performamce on p3d v2.

You can disable FTX Vector Lights, then only enable utx lighting in the major roads. See how it performs.

Remember that this is USA only. If you want to fly in other parts of the world you will need to enable ftx lights.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Remember that this is USA only. If you want to fly in other parts of the world you will need to enable ftx lights.

Good point - thank you!

Do you know if the FTX-G lights will be placed on ALL UTX roads if i enable those?

Rob Bates
Simming since the age of 10 with MSFS 5.0

P3D v5.0 | 10700K (@stock) | EVGA GTX1080Ti SC2 | Z490-E ROG STRIX | 32GB 3600MHz | 970 EVO Plus M.2 & EVO 850 SSDs | H115i cooling | NZXT H440 Case | Samsung 32" CJG 1440p Curved Monitor | Virtual-Fly Ruddo & TQ3+ | Thrustmaster FCS Sidestick | Skalarki MCDU

Ask me about (my most flown): FSLabs A320-X series | MaddogX
In the hangar: Majestic Q400 Pro | PMDG 747 | A2A C182, Cherokee, Comanche & Spitfire

Good point - thank you!

Do you know if the FTX-G lights will be placed on ALL UTX roads if i enable those?

With version 1.4, the developer created a tool to allow FTXG lights to show on UTX roads.

I'm not sure about 2.0.

What does this do to improve FTX Global??..........and do they run side by side, or overlap, run both and adjust each??........thanks for the heads up!!!  B42L8

What does this do to improve FTX Global

FTX Global are textures only (except for the demo area, where it adds more). You might be the target audience for the so called FTX Definitive Guide which explains exactly how the different scenery layers (one of them being UTX or FTX Vector or another product) play together to give you an impressive sim. :smile:

This guide is available over at FTX.

It's not too long and certainly worth a read. It also incorporates lots of example shots to give you an impression of how things could improve.

Thanks, I kinda thought this was like the Vector product that defines shorelines and roads locations, will read this, but looks like a good addition to the P3D experience............B42L8

I kinda thought this was like the Vector product that defines shorelines and roads locations

You are right on that one. It might even exceed Vector on the detail level since it isn't global but specifically made for the US. It competes with Vector if you like, missing the global coverage.

So regardless of what you would pick, your FTX Global would receive the details you mentioned and more.

What would us random simmers do with out the likes of you and others like so....B42L8.......thanks

What would us random simmers do with out the likes of you and others like so....B42L8.......thanks

I'll add, FTX Vectors does not have 3d lighting, requires worldwide mesh, and covers the entire world. It's made specically for FTXG.

UTX v2 has 3d lights and covers only USA. This can cause problems with FTXG. If you have GEX USA or Photo scenery, then UTX is the better option.

For $20 bucks I will get the UTX..................works for me...B42L8

Just installed, and only $15.........checked out the roads in PSP and almost like the Sate maps..........will try other locations today, but  this is one of the best P3D deals out there!!!...............B42L8

Want to make sure before I do something stupid..do you install utx 2.0 over the 1.4 version or do I need to uninstall existing version.

Thanks,

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Want to make sure before I do something stupid..do you install utx 2.0 over the 1.4 version or do I need to uninstall existing version.

Thanks,

I was going to ask that as well.. my rule of thumb on stuff like that is to uninstall the older version first if the newer version is a complete (stand alone) release. But we all know sometimes that's not the case.

Just downloaded it and it installed itself over 1.4.

Menno

Menno 

i7-11700, 16GB, 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, RTX 3070, Windows 11, MSFS 2020 DeLuxe, P3D 4.5