Sign in to follow this  
Jsol

777 captains seat

Hello peepz. Im not sure if this has been asked here before. But can you guys adjust your seats? The reason im asking this is because i want to be able to push my seat back and adjust my view with ezdok to zoom level 1 and still be able to see the nd and the windsheild altogether. Because sometimes the headrest of the seat wont make me click anything if im on it. Thanks

be able to push my seat back and adjust my view with ezdok to zoom level 1

This would just result in an unrealistic view. In the plane, you have to choose one or the other at "zoom level 1." Granted, in real life "panning" is a little more intuitive since you just have to move your head, or glance down, but you're still shifting your focus entirely.

I'm not sure where the simism that you can see both (or should see both) comes from, but it's not at all a realistic expectation.

I do give you credit for trying to use a more realistic zoom level, though.

Kyle Rodgers

This would just result in an unrealistic view. In the plane, you have to choose one or the other at "zoom level 1." Granted, in real life "panning" is a little more intuitive since you just have to move your head, or glance down, but you're still shifting your focus entirely.

I'm not sure where the simism that you can see both (or should see both) comes from, but it's not at all a realistic expectation.

I do give you credit for trying to use a more realistic zoom level, though.

Yeah man, i know it isnt realistic. But i dont have trackir. Im stuck at zoom .81  I like it at zoom 1 for most of the part. Thanks though. I wish pmdg would include adjustable seats just for personal preference. Thanks again have a great day

The MD-11 and 747 had adjustable seats, but they did not have any effect on the view. I'm unsure if FSX is capable at all of changing the views in accordance to seat position. 

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Yeah, the only way to see both the PFD and view out front is to sit behind the pilot.  Even in a light twin the head must tilt between panel and windscreen.

I use the 2D popup for the PFD when hand flying the final approach or intial climb out as a concession to the limitations of PC simulation. Works pretty good for me. I always find the most difficult visual trick is knowing when to turn into the parking spot or when on base when to turn final.

Dan Downs KCRP

.I use the 2D popup for the PFD when hand flying the final approach or intial climb

Thats a great idea! Now why didnt i think of that. Thanks! :)

Thats a great idea! Now why didnt i think of that. Thanks! :)

I do the same.

Plus I fly in full screen mode (not windowed.....I dont like windowed for 1/2Vsync reasons) and can still move my 2D popup PFD/ND to a second monitor :-)

Rob Robson

I do the same.

Plus I fly in full screen mode (not windowed.....I dont like windowed for 1/2Vsync reasons) and can still move my 2D popup PFD/ND to a second monitor :-)

By any chance, Do you know how to save the undocked panel views? Or is there such thing? 

By any chance, Do you know how to save the undocked panel views? Or is there such thing?

I dont think the position and size of the undocked popups can be saved.

Sometimes the size of my PFD gets saved when I save the flight, but other than that I have to redo everything for each flight :-(

Rob Robson