Sign in to follow this  
zmak

Flysimware's Cessna C441 Conquest ll out now

v1.3 out, here's my first look at the C441 with F1 GTN750 integration :-

(on a rainy, gloomy day in Cordova, Alaska)

55510.jpg

6610.jpg

.....brilliant job, Joe and team.      Just gets better, and it's only been out 2 weeks and we're onto version v1.3.   Real dedication and commitment with this team and project.

:smile:

Thanks Joe for the speeds and operational guidelines. May I suggest it would make for a good sticky to pin on the forum?

Also, is it typical to carry some power right until touchdown in the c441 or is it typically cut power and flare?

Thanks, I'm enjoying it and looking forward to getting the gtn set up too.

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10

Gosh, I like the night dome lighting better than the day lighting by 1 million.  Those are nice shots!

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Thanks Joe for the speeds and operational guidelines. May I suggest it would make for a good sticky to pin on the forum?

Also, is it typical to carry some power right until touchdown in the c441 or is it typically cut power and flare?

Thanks, I'm enjoying it and looking forward to getting the gtn set up too.

Thats a good idea! Consider it done.

And it entirely depends on conditions and weight. If you're very light, carrying any power in the flare will result in a flyby :) On the other hand, it does help to cushion heavy aircraft. Generally speaking, you come off the power almost 90% of the time right as you're rolling out into the flare. This works great...as long as you aren't too slow.

Joe - Chief Pilot & Lead Tester - Flysimware Simulation Software

Captain - Gulfstream IV-SP

ATP/CFI/AGI/EMB-505/LR-JET/G-IV

v1.3 out,

V1.3 is out??  

Just purchased 11/24 and mine is V1.1 ... no email that there is a v1.3.  Can you elaborate on where/how one gets v1.3?

Cheers, Rob.

EDIT: found the web page that describes v1.3, but not sure how we're supposed to get that version?

Never mind, I just clicked on my original link in my purchase Email and got v1.3 download.

Cheers, Rob.

V1.3 is out??  

Just purchased 11/24 and mine is V1.1 ... no email that there is a v1.3.  Can you elaborate on where/how one gets v1.3?

Cheers, Rob.

EDIT: found the web page that describes v1.3, but not sure how we're supposed to get that version?

Never mind, I just clicked on my original link in my purchase Email and got v1.3 download.

Cheers, Rob.

Glad you got it worked out!

v1.3 is the doggie's cahoonas.   :smile:

Sounds like you're enjoying the airplane  :yahoo:

I'm really enjoying the airplane so far! It flies like a dream; however, my only complaint is taxiing is a major pain in my rear end! Oh, and I wasn't exactly following procedures on a quick flight, but on shut down my right engine blew up and wouldn't stop spinning 'til I turned off the battery. This was accompanied by a strage clicking noise, but no fire warning. Not sure what I did--but I guess I should follow the checklist. :-p

I'm really enjoying the airplane so far! It flies like a dream; however, my only complaint is taxiing is a major pain in my rear end! Oh, and I wasn't exactly following procedures on a quick flight, but on shut down my right engine blew up and wouldn't stop spinning 'til I turned off the battery. This was accompanied by a strage clicking noise, but no fire warning. Not sure what I did--but I guess I should follow the checklist. :-p

Checklist usage is important! :)

As for the taxiing issue. This comes from FSX's inherent tendency to create way too much ground friction. There are ways around this, but not without compromise. Rest assured that we have been looking into this for months.

A great fix, and the one that I personally use, is to grab a copy of FSPS - Frictionality. It is a fantastic piece of software, and is very inexpensive. It runs outside of FSX, and allows you to create a friction profile for each aircraft and each surface, on the fly, without restarting fsx!

You can adjust the rolling friction, braking friction, and sliding friction. No more FSX airplanes that taxi like they have flat tires, and feel like the nose wheel steering is loose. Airplanes taxi nice and tight like they should, and taxiing at idle power in the Conquest when weights are light to moderate is entirely possible, just as in real life! Sometimes you even need a little beta to keep her from getting to quick!

For those who are interested, here are the optimal FSPS - Fictionality settings for the 441:

ROLLING FRICTION: 3%

BRAKING FRICTION: 200%

SLIDING FRICTION: 200%

I've already given this tip privately to a few 441 owners, and have had overwhelmingly positive feedback.

Yeah she does taxi a bit like a drunken sailor 

Have you had a look at this? I will give it a try tonight

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/443979-taxi-ground-friction-fixed/

Download the latest FSUIPC, and install it. (This will work for the unpaid as well).

go to FSX main/Modules/FSUIPC Documents/Example LUA plugins.zip - and extract "DynamicFriction.lua" into the main Modules folder.

Open the FSUIPC4.ini file in the Modules folder, and add this code to the end of the file:

[Auto]
1=Lua DynamicFriction

Save.

Bingo, you now have realistic taxi/ground friction, and this will work for all AC of course.

Hawk Diesel.

ZORAN

I enabled the FSUIPC dynamic friction and the 441 now taxis like a dream. No more swaying and lurching!

Glad to see everyone is enjoying the airplane!

Its on sale today at PC aviator for less than half price  :o would have to be the fastest new release price slash in history LOL

ZORAN