Sign in to follow this  
zmak

Flysimware's Cessna C441 Conquest ll out now

A great fix, and the one that I personally use, is to grab a copy of FSPS - Frictionality. It is a fantastic piece of software, and is very inexpensive. It runs outside of FSX, and allows you to create a friction profile for each aircraft and each surface, on the fly, without restarting fsx!

Great tip! Thank you Joe!

Mauricio Brentano

Great tip! Thank you Joe!

No problem Mauricio!

I'm all for supporting other developers who bring fantastic products to the market. We all have the same goal. Take a fantastic simulator and make it even better!

Joe - Chief Pilot & Lead Tester - Flysimware Simulation Software

Captain - Gulfstream IV-SP

ATP/CFI/AGI/EMB-505/LR-JET/G-IV

Frictionality 50% off right now

ZORAN

ROLLING FRICTION: 3%

BRAKING FRICTION: 200%

SLIDING FRICTION: 200%

I've already given this tip privately to a few 441 owners, and have had overwhelmingly positive feedback.

Thanks for this! Yeah, I know this is an old post, but thanks anyway - these figures, and seeing that the devs of my almost-favourite turboprop in FSX were using Frictionality, I finally decided to take the plunge. I've been running the FSUIPC Lua script for some time, but was never entirely satisfied as its a one-size-fits-all solution and doesn't take into account the odd way braking efficiency seems to be dealt with in FSX. So far with Frictionality, so good.

Leads to the question - does anyone have a fully developed profile suitable for the 441? Joe's figures are a good start point, but what about Wet and Snow covered runways, and different surfaces? Or have I not really understood the program yet.

On a different note, I was trying to remember how to program my spare 'mixture' lever to control the condition levers in the 441. As I hunted through the FSUIPC options, I discovered that setting 'Mixture' (yes, I know that belongs to piston engines) gives a wonderful, fully variable reverse thrust on both engines. Now I don't have to use buttons or full-reverse if I don't want to - excellent for moderating taxi speed also! Stay off those brakes ;-)

SkipperMac

Are there any European repaints  available for the 441?