Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

UTX USA out for P3D

I have FTX Global and just installed UTX v 2. Vector is not installed. I very much like UTX as the roads, coastlines, etc. are well represented.

They do run OK without any real issues.

One negative thing I have noticed, is that the underlying Global city textures do not match up with the UTX. So, for instance, Global city textures will have streets running diagonally, while the UTX roads will run north, south, east, and west. Both the Global streets and UTX streets appear and does not look well.

Flying close to the ground, this is very noticeable.

Flying 4 or 5 thousand feet AGL, it is much better.

Would the same thing also happen with the default landclass textures?

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

One negative thing I have noticed, is that the underlying Global city textures do not match up with the UTX. So, for instance, Global city textures will have streets running diagonally, while the UTX roads will run north, south, east, and west. Both the Global streets and UTX streets appear and does not look well.

You might want to bring that up in the UTX support forum, Jeff. Allen is very quick to .respond.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Downloading...

Good to see Scenery Solutions also supporting P3D. I have all the UTX packages, and hopefully all of them will be upgraded for P3D.

I use FTX Global textures as base. Like all texture packages out there, roads are problematic. The only way to get away from it is for someone to edit out the roads in the sattelite photos they use for these textures. Should have been done by now!

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Underlying ground texture roads will always be an issue. If you remove the roads from the landclass tiles there will still be houses cut off by roads and none of the buildings will correspond to roads. It's an inherent design flaw.

Some decent screenshots would be great Guys on flight1 website not seeing any reason to pick this over FTX Global - thanks

This compliments Global. Orbx Vector would be the competitor to UTX. I'll try to get some shots up tomorrow

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Underlying ground texture roads will always be an issue. If you remove the roads from the landclass tiles there will still be houses cut off by roads and none of the buildings will correspond to roads. It's an inherent design flaw.

Depends on your knowledge of how to make the products. Scenery Solutions have craked that code a while ago: http://www.simforums.com/forums/xtreme-cities-photoscenery-megascenery-sample_topic50067.html

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

This compliments Global. Orbx Vector would be the competitor to UTX. I'll try to get some shots up tomorrow

Thanks Ryan for the info :)

Rich Sennett

Some decent screenshots would be great Guys on flight1 website not seeing any reason to pick this over FTX Global - thanks

NO-chit Richard....AND...I would love it if the author or someone in authority, told me that the Flight1 site slideshow PDF is of indeed representative shots of UTXUSA V2, & not the UTX screenies of seven years ago.

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

NO-chit Richard....AND...I would love it if the author or someone in authority, told me that the Flight1 site slideshow PDF is of indeed representative shots of UTXUSA V2, & not the UTX screenies of seven years ago.

Chas

LOL Flight1 preview shots are never indicative off the actual product - they need some tlc in this department

WOW

Night lighting is new stuff WoW

Well share some shots of this amazement please

Rich Sennett

After I get the kids to bed I will post some - 1-2 hours

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

After I get the kids to bed I will post some - 1-2 hours

Cool thanks Ryan

Rich Sennett

The file sizes match, ten searches for the same text, match word for word, graphic for graphic,page for page... Look at page 67...see a reference there?...and the date?

Page 67 of 89

Scenery Comparison 2: Texas Stadium, Irving Texas (Actual Aerial Image)

Here is an aerial image of the actual Texas Stadium region. Here is an aerial image of the actual Texas Stadium region. The Ultimate Terrain X screenshot is a The Ultimate Terrain X screenshot is a very close match to reality. very close match to reality.

The "NEW UtxUsaDemoV2"text of the PDF matches my UTXUSAdemo.Pdf from UTX USA seven years ago...the documents are identical...which means that Flight1 and the author of the "new UTXUSA and made a huge marketing blunder, and a dis-service to those of us that would like to upgrade.… Upgrade to what??

… Anybody care to comment… Especially the AUTHOR???

Chaz

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Cool thanks Ryan

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/456218-utx-usa-p3d/

The lights - I've got them dialed way down as I've always preferred a darker setup.  They are super customizable in the config program.  You can make them a lot bigger and brighter.  You can change the spacing (ie density), you can change lighting fixture colors (like LP sodium HP sodium etc).  The roads and objects are highly configurable like v2.

Basically the differences I see are newer data (a few roads exist in my community that weren't before), and the lighting as well as lighting options.  It's a freekin steal for the price you pay.  I bet it would look great with FTX Global and UTX USA.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Anybody care to comment… Especially the AUTHOR???

The product has changed, the documentation has not. The wording of the dialogs is the same. The help files are mostly the same. A totally non relevant issue IMHO.

The product consists of map data not documentation. Nothing to explain. If you like what you see it's a great deal. If you don't, the PDF won't matter.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors