Sign in to follow this  
RanDeMan

Pauses gone! (Is it just me?)

Why such a low texture multiplier? 15? Default is 40 and websites say you can make it 80 or 120

I wonder if I should set fsx to unlimited currently it is locked at 30

I read somewhere (?) that TBM originally should have values between 10 and 40. This could mean a direct relation to frame rates IMO.

I had the impression that although all people fed the FSX beast with ever larger CPU/GPU capabilities, the problems remained.

So I tried TBM and FFTF at values slightly below my desired framerate (locked externally), and the result is very satisfying: FSX "intrudes" only the amount of data that it can handle over an unlimited amount of time...

Just completed a 13:30hr CYVR-VHHH flight,only a couple of studders when FSX ATC spoke. Thanks PMDG for the update!

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

I read somewhere (?) that TBM originally should have values between 10 and 40. This could mean a direct relation to frame rates IMO.

I had the impression that although all people fed the FSX beast with ever larger CPU/GPU capabilities, the problems remained.

So I tried TBM and FFTF at values slightly below my desired framerate (locked externally), and the result is very satisfying: FSX "intrudes" only the amount of data that it can handle over an unlimited amount of time...

Can you share a screenshot of your nvidia inspector?

Can you share a screenshot of your nvidia inspector?

There is nothing really special about it. B)

The Nvidia FSX profile is "all standard" except >vertical sync< (see Nvidia control panel below:)

nvidia-control-panel.PNG?dl=0

This entry is changed inside the Nvidia Inspector to >1/3 refresh rate< (see below:)

nvidia-inspector.PNG?dl=0

In case of a selected 60Hz monitor refresh rate this will result in a 20 frames per second FSX rendering that helps reducing the workload (and by the way reduces/eliminates image tearing).