Sign in to follow this  
chatman

P3D + FTX Global + ASN -> (which) REX needed?

Hi!

Had to install P3D from scratch because my hard drive suddenly died. I used the opportunity to get FTX Global. Had ASN already. The question is: do I still need REX? OK, 'need' is very relative but in your opinion - does it make sense? And if so - which of the products is the right one? There is REX, REX essential plus, REX essential Plus with overdrive, Rex 4 texture direct... :blink:

As I understand, the overdrive feature means HD textures - but (how) do they impact performance? Also there'S a weather engine - but I already have ASN. I'm a little confused right now... Can you enlighten me?

Thank you!

CPU: Ryzen 5600 no OC, MB: MSI Tomahawk B450, RAM: 32GB DDR 3600, GPU: RX6900XT, 2TB SDD, Res: WQHD

REX 4 Texture Direct would be the one to get.. That will add sky and water textures (I think runways and taxiways and general airport grounds too).

Andrew Farmer

My flight sim blog: Fly, Farmer, Fly!

Thank you!

So, I'll take a closer look into texture direct. Although I must say that I find the stock clouds in P3D quite appealing! Do the REX textures change performance in one or the other way?

CPU: Ryzen 5600 no OC, MB: MSI Tomahawk B450, RAM: 32GB DDR 3600, GPU: RX6900XT, 2TB SDD, Res: WQHD

Texture Direct. Essentials includes a weather engine, which you obviously don't need since you already have ASN.