Sign in to follow this  
z06z33

IFLY 747-400 V2 Released and available on flight1

I am guessing that the windows cannot simply be painted over?

maybe, maybe not, depends what technique is used for texturing.

No, you do not have to alter 3d model. You can just fill the windows with paint, and remove alpha channel, and you have perfectly fine cargo converted 747 like this:

True you can do that with some models (like CS), but if it's like the IFLY 737 model I don't think that will work in this case. The textures don't appear to have an alpha over the windows.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

No, you do not have to alter 3d model. You can just fill the windows with paint, and remove alpha channel, and you have perfectly fine cargo converted 747 like this:

http://www.airplane-pictures.net/images/uploaded-images/2010-8/22/99385.jpg

(god knows how much I'm resisting buying it right now, while I'm looking at the photo)

Of course, you cannot add new cargo door, but it's not a big deal.

Nope. The windows are not painted on. They're part of the 3D model. Again, in order to create a true cargo varient with a seamless and windowless fuselage, you'd have to remove every tri and vert associated with them in the model itself. Granted, you could paint the cargo doors on though they wouldn't work obviously, but you could still do it.

What tf51d pointed out is possible in other addons but again, that would only represent a 74 aircraft converted from PAX to cargo as the vast majority do not have that config.

Anyone noticed the excellent VC reflections on the glass - some of the best I have seen and also the landing lights look great - they have the 3d shockwave effect going on - I like that - do the wing lights blink on the ground ? like the current pmdg 777 and Aerosoft Airbus ?

Rich Sennett

Anyone noticed the excellent VC reflections on the glass - some of the best I have seen and also the landing lights look great - they have the 3d shockwave effect going on - I like that - do the wing lights blink on the ground ? like the current pmdg 777 and Aerosoft Airbus ?

Agreed Rich. Though I think the Aerosoft Bus lights are a bit overdone. No so with this 74. Seems just right.

Few questions here:

1. Can someone comment on the refresh rate of the PFD and ND? from the Avgeek video the refresh rate looks bad in fs9

2. How does the fps in VC compare to the PMDG 777? I can't use my desktop for now so a comparison would let me know if my PC can run it well :)

3. How does the gear perform during touchdown? Can someone post a video of the main gear touchdown?

Many thanks guys

Cedric

Regards,

C Schaffhausen

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

If the windows are all hard coded into the model and cannot be painted over, then you cannot do a proper passenger repaint either, as many 747 operators have their own configurations, especially on the top deck.

If the windows are all hard coded into the model and cannot be painted over, then you cannot do a proper passenger repaint either, as many 747 operators have their own configurations, especially on the top deck.

Apples to oranges. There is a wide, no huge gap between a cargo variant and the numerous PAX/Airline configurations. You have to suspend your anal-retentiveness at some point and just go with it. If that was the case with the models and paint-kits utilized, no one would paint a aircraft, period.

Apples to oranges. There is a wide, no huge gap between a cargo variant and the numerous PAX/Airline configurations. You have to suspend your anal-retentiveness at some point and just go with it. If that was the case with the models and paint-kits utilized, no one would paint a aircraft, period.

I only made a suggestion to someone who wanted the freighter right away, that you might be able to paint a converted freighter repaint. The PMDG model could do it. If you have proof you cannot do it with the iFly then share it with us.

Landing now after my first 9h flight with it, pretty happy with the product although it climbed to FL420 when auto step-climbs are enabled. There's no 'usable' FL420 :P

All in all a great product which already made me ditch the other 747 completely. A whole new world.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Landing now after my first 9h flight with it, pretty happy with the product although it climbed to FL420 when auto step-climbs are enabled. There's no 'usable' FL420 :P

All in all a great product which already made me ditch the other 747 completely. A whole new world.

It's certified to go up to FL450 so it can reach FL420 fairly easily as long as weight/weather permits, although I doubt this would be a regular occurance but technically, its possible.

That's not what i meant. The next even FL after 400 is 430, not 420. FL420 'doesn't exist'.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Don't you mean fl420 is not available for allocation?

Of course fl420 exists.......

what are you getting at?

Hirdy