Sign in to follow this  
z06z33

IFLY 747-400 V2 Released and available on flight1

Thx for answer!

You're welcome. :)

But don't take it for granted, on some system FPS is worse than T7, I'm really not sure what can cause such a huge fps drop.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

If its like the 737, you can still use the mouse wheel, just not up and down in the same spot. Surely the most trivial thing in existence along with possibly correct/incorrect wing flex which would have to be first on the list?

Having to be exactly on top of poorly placed tool tip symbols (-) and (+), and only then being able to scroll in one direction, as opposed to most other addons that now allow intuitive mouse wheel scrolling when being over the knob in question .......

- may be "trivial" to you, but certainly not to many others.   This is one of the most commopn moans over at the iFly forum. :wink:

We all have different priorities and prerequisites;  trivial to me is the entire exterior model, because I remove them in the model.cfg - FS to me is a flight deck simulator.    I have no interest in exterior models.

....but I don't pretend to be in the majority there!  .... and I'm not inclined to describe any view that doesn't match my own as "trivial"  :wink:

I assume you purchased this and hence the criticism? .

Please see my earlier post. For most of us, I would hardly think having no Dome light is not critical to the purchase of a product - especially if, by all reports, the handling (FDE) feels about right and the FMC reportedly does all that it is intended, and the 3D Flight Deck is very good. And possibly, just possibly there will be even an update in which there is a dome light will be produced  - would you change your mind then?

So you would not buy this because of no Dome light? Jeez tolerance and standards sure have changed. I feel with this type of statement is utterly fickle and frankly trolling.

Tolerance and standards have changed.  It's almost 2015...not 2006.  Why do you think that TSS develops sound sets, FS2Crew develops flight crew simulations, or FlyTampa and their amazing scenery?  With your mind set, everybody should be ok with the default airports and sounds.  When iFly released the 737NG series, it didn't even have wing lights modeled.  The interior lights were a simple on/off switch.  Now in their defense, they did fix some of that stuff later down the road, but the point is that they should have modeled simple things like that from the get-go...and they certainly should have learned their lesson for the 747.  To answer your question; no I would not buy this just for the simple fact of no flood lights.  Why should I?  I haven't purchased Aerosoft's Airbus, or Qualitywing's 757 for the same reason.  Flood lighting is an integral part of the ever important immersion factor.

iFly has decided to compete head to head with PMDG.  First with the 737NG, and now with the 747.  If you're gonna compete on that level, you'd better bring your 'A' game. 

And this isn't trolling.  This is an opinion.

Tolerance and standards have changed.  It's almost 2015...not 2006.  Why do you think that TSS develops sound sets, FS2Crew develops flight crew simulations, or FlyTampa and their amazing scenery?  With your mind set, everybody should be ok with the default airports and sounds.  When iFly released the 737NG series, it didn't even have wing lights modeled.  The interior lights were a simple on/off switch.  Now in their defense, they did fix some of that stuff later down the road, but the point is that they should have modeled simple things like that from the get-go...and they certainly should have learned their lesson for the 747.  To answer your question; no I would not buy this just for the simple fact of no flood lights.  Why should I?  I haven't purchased Aerosoft's Airbus, or Qualitywing's 757 for the same reason.  Flood lighting is an integral part of the ever important immersion factor.

iFly has decided to compete head to head with PMDG.  First with the 737NG, and now with the 747.  If you're gonna compete on that level, you'd better bring your 'A' game. 

And this isn't trolling.  This is an opinion.

What he said...  :good:

Another way to look at this is to chalk this up as good feedback.  If we don't say anything nothing will get improved and the developer would have no incentive to build on what they've already done in areas the customers are requesting.  

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Some of you folks never planning to buy from iFly have an impressive amount of energy available to make sure that everybody knows. :mellow:

Side note. Full quotes aren't especially useful in any kind of forum.

Back to the actual product, is some current iFly 747 user able to gauge the memory impact this plane has? I read about the fps which seem ok but, to be more precise, is this a VAS heavy plane when compared?

One could load the NGX or 777, read the VAS usage and then start fresh with the 747, reading the same/more/less. Would be sufficient info for me. :smile: Thanks in advance.

Sorry guys, but I get really ###### when people say they won't buy a certain product, because of one tiny little detail missing. And yes, I DO believe that missing flood light (and wingflex) are tiny problems. Looking at the IFly forums, the developers have allready said they have listened to the "complaints" and I'm sure they will adress it in an update. But of course, If you mean the plane is totally unflyable without these TINY details, don't buy it. I'm also sure that even if it's fixed in an update, you surely will find something else to complain about. I have the feeling that the complainers are dedicated PMDG fans and don't like seeing another company beat PMDG (again) in who's first out with a 747. I know I probably will take some beating for this, but so be it and quoting a Collin Raye song "That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it"

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

no cargo version

Oh-oh, I only fly the cargo PMDG (which is actually quite an improvement over the original passenger version IMO), so I guess I'll stick with that until the cargo version is released.

Objectively, who says this isn't their 'A' game? Few have PMDG's multifaceted depth of talent and ability to reproduce every bulb, switch and pogo stick inside out. Clearly iFly does a lot of things very well - for instance that fs9 744 vc approaches fsx level in detail, they broke some poly barrier there it seems. Lighting and virtual ergonomics seem to be ongoing things with them, but they listen to and directly interact customers, and are still building their talent.

If the 737 evolution was any indication, the 744 is just getting started.

Sounds like an iFly defense, but it's not - just saying generally devs should do their individual best and let customers decide.

Regards,

Mark

the complainers are dedicated PMDG fans

Honestly, you don't have to be a 'dedicated PMDG fan' to have an opinion.

And every opinion is an opinion, a valid opinion, even if it is contrary to (y)ours.

Fora are the places to share opinions. The more of them and the more diverse, the better.

For someone no flood light is no problem. For someone else, flying mostly at night, it is a fun stopper.

For someone a freighter model is of no meaning as he flies only pax. For someone else it matters, as he is a cargo geek.

For someone a high detail exterior model is fantastic. Someone else will completely remove it with an editor.

There is nothing wrong in writing about it. Who would be interested in coming to a forum where only one-side stories are told?

I purchased the 747 and I'm enjoying very much. It's a great looking simulation, and a good job from iFly. Sure, I miss having the flood light and good click spots of PMDG, but I still enjoy the good quality with the other aspects of this 747.

I also got the iFly 737 for P3Dv2, so I would have a good 737 to fly in it.  I'm enjoying that very much too.

iFly has decided to compete head to head with PMDG. First with the 737NG, and now with the 747. If you're gonna compete on that level, you'd better bring your 'A' game.

This is clearly getting down to measuring by a PMDG yardstick. Only one company can compete with PMDG and that is PMDG itself. Last time I looked their 747 v1 is still US $89 dollars.

As you reiterate, we all have the right to have an opinion. But in this case, not about the iFly 747 v2, but rather about the rush to identify what is missing in a relationship to cross match the standard of this product with the only other competitor in the complex 747 market place.

OK, what is the price of the PMDG 747 v1.. versus what is the price of the current iFly 747 V2. Does the price difference obviate the differences between the two models and for some people here who have stated an opinion in the negative -  if not why not? By my calculations there is almost a $30 dollars difference - so you get what you pay for. So why is it that some contributors are trying to compare equally?

It's like going to a car dealership and choosing between two models of Sedan, both with very similar options and the same high performance engine, except one doesn't have a dome light and is missing wheel fairings - but hey its also Twenty percent cheaper.

As you will see by my earlier postings the intent of some contributors is to measure by an unequal yardstick, and worse slag the model off. If wing flex is that important to you don't buy it. If no flight deck flood lighting is that important to you, don't buy it  - but as I have stated earlier, if the FDE and FMC are reportedly accurate and the 3D flight deck is good and the exterior model is accurate then that for me that would be a purchasable product and I would likely click the buy button. (if I was in the market for a 747). Heck, I clicked the buy button on the CS777 and now (Some 2 years later) have a product that is pretty good (IMHO - please don't start a flame war on CS).

Some of you folks never planning to buy from iFly have an impressive amount of energy available to make sure that everybody knows. :mellow:

Side note. Full quotes aren't especially useful in any kind of forum.

Back to the actual product, is some current iFly 747 user able to gauge the memory impact this plane has? I read about the fps which seem ok but, to be more precise, is this a VAS heavy plane when compared?

One could load the NGX or 777, read the VAS usage and then start fresh with the 747, reading the same/more/less. Would be sufficient info for me. :smile: Thanks in advance.

Hey there.

I would need to check the numbers again and post the detail however I can tell you that whatever routes the pmdg t7 can do, this can do without exceeding VAS useage. I run ftx global, ai 30%, every payware airport known to man along with all the full orbx regions.

I think you'll be impressed.

Hirdy

As you will see by my earlier postings the intent of some contributors is to measure by an unequal yardstick. I am merely pointing that out.

I disagree, people are only using PMDG as an example because they made an outstanding 744.  If a developer can't make a product in 2014 all around better than a product made in 2007, that's saying allot...  Let's use other examples that made acceptable VC lighting over the years since PMDG's 744 is too offensive and unfair:

1. Captain Sim 767/757 (has panel back lighting when cockpit lights are turned on)

2. CLS's 742

3. Level-D 767

4. PMDG MD11

5. PMDG 777

6. Feelthere's E-Jet series (this is permanent back lighting but it works)

7. Feelthere ERJ series

I could go on.  There's no excuse for a $60 add-on released in 2014 with VC night light options worse than these older products. :wacko:   At $20 I'd give them a break.  At $60 with all the models offered like what they gave us with the 737NG series I'd give a little consideration.  But with one model I can't do it.  I of all people love what iFly has given us with the 737NG series especially the fact they offered it for FS9 (same with the 744) but sugar coating obvious issues is not the way to go.  They need to get someone hired that can do a great job with VC lighting.  Hire Bill Leaming or someone.  To consistently leave this area looking like their freeware effort from so many years ago needs to be address.  This is one area they need to work on.  That being said I would hope they get the other models in the series done like the Cargo/-800 variants and do something about that wing flex.  O.K. I'm done...  B)

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Wow, so much passion over a light.  I think they should be proud if that's the most glaring compromise they had to make. I'm just impressed there's a dev that still incorporates full 2D panels, rich SDK, and even brings the FS9 crowd for a ride and all for really a modest price compared to the rising costs. Let's not forget they don't charge for any future updates/additions.