Sign in to follow this  
z06z33

IFLY 747-400 V2 Released and available on flight1

I liked the review style. Good structure, good mic, no silly music.

No Silly music - I'm with you on that one! Nothing tees me off than overpowering music blaring in the background, especially when you want to hear the actual sounds of the aircraft.

I was thinking as I watched this video, too bad it didn't come out immediately - could have killed off a lot of speculation...... -_-

What fps increase do you get from removing the external model?

Totally depends on the addon Jon, for example; removing the NGX's external model gave me about 4 FPS.  Doesn't sound a lot but where it's the difference between 21 and 25 FPS when sitting on the ground at Gatwick it can be very useful.   External models that are highest resolution, or high on polygons give the most increase from removing them on my system.   Removing the Coolsky DC-9 model gives me 8-10 FPS.    The Captain Sim models give a good boost by being removed too.

I wouldn't expect many others to do it, but for me, it's just never ever been about the exterior models.  I start a FS session in the VC and I end the session there.    So the exterior models are superfluous, and even a 4 FPS increase is worth it to me;  I can reinvest the resources in heavier weather or a little more AI.

One exception - A2A.  :wink:

Cheers.

I finally got the chance to fly her again tonight did some steep turns and stalls to get a feel for the plane and I must say she flies like a dream,very realistic. I'm quite happy with my purchase even with the few issues the plane has.

Thanks to my dad keeping these, I got some stuff to study.

IMG_20141123_162101_469.jpg IMG_20141123_162114_722.jpg

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Hello together,

first test finish - so far so good - graphics really good , VAS Usage very high, flight Model and Autoflight Systems not so good as the PMDG 747 - but i think this will adressed in future service updates.

Big - point : its not possible to save a flight , or i don´t see that?

regards

Alex

Okay let me say that the PMDG feels more stable in flight dynamics and autopilot systems and has the better physics i feel. What aircraft is now the right i cant say.

VAS Usage very high

Could you quantify that one, Alex? Maybe state what other heavies on your system are consuming and then give the iFly number. Aiming for an objective comparison.

VAS Usage very high

That is rather very bad news.

Could you please share the exact value compared to some other high end aircraft on your system?

Ok did some testing on this at Flightbeams KDEN (havent flown it yet so this is just general on the ground stuff) and compared it to the PMDG 777-300 at the same Gate.

iFly 747 on loading in to the VC I had 1387368 free (FSUIPC)

On going to outside view the free memory went to 1355860 with between 23-29 FPS.

On going back to the VC I got between 13-16 FPS when looking around.

PMDG 777 on loading in to the VC I had 1390708 free (FSUIPC)

On going to outside view the free memory went to 1242804 with between 23-29 FPS

On going back to the VC I got between 15-20 FPS when looking around.

Below are links to two outside screenshots. The only things running on the PC were Ezdok and Scenery Config Editor.

ifly777_zpsf73a34ca.png

pmdg777_300_zpsf59c7e05.png

From EGFF to YSSY

Okay let me say that the PMDG feels more stable in flight dynamics and autopilot systems and has the better physics i feel. What aircraft is now the right i cant say.

iFly actually has the better feel when hand flying.  I base that on my many flights in NWA's Level-D 744 simulator I used more than a few times up here in Eagan MN (before Delta took over).

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

As we all know, having the mouse cursor active in the VC will always cut some percentage of your framerate, but this VC seems particularly bad in this area.

"As we all know, having the mouse cursor active in the VC will always cut some percentage of your framerate" Can I ask what this means? in VC isn't the mouse needed to click most switches etc? I fly in full screen always have the mouse cursor on display?

Have seen this sort of comment before but not really understood it, any advise appreciated. Cheers

3080rtx  on a i7 12700k with 32 Gig ddr5. 2gig Ssd

Quest 2

Windows 11

I fly in full screen always have the mouse cursor on display?

Theoretically yes but, unless you have somehow set it different, the pointer will disappear after a short moment of inactivity.

What I do after I click something with the mouse, I move the pointer into the right (or left, doesn't matter) side of the screen and let it disappear soon.

So for planes with virtual cockpits which are especially sensitive to this problem, I will see lower FPS when operating the mouse but they will go back to 'normal' level after I finish my mouse operation. So in the end not a really big deal for me, since it only takes some frames and only when actually operating the mouse.

PS There's a really cute little dog in your avatar! :smile:

Theoretically yes but, unless you have somehow set it different, the pointer will disappear after a short moment of inactivity.

What I do after I click something with the mouse, I move the pointer into the right (or left, doesn't matter) side of the screen and let it disappear soon.

So for planes with virtual cockpits which are especially sensitive to this problem, I will see lower FPS when operating the mouse but they will go back to 'normal' level after I finish my mouse operation. So in the end not a really big deal for me, since it only takes some frames and only when actually operating the mouse.

PS There's a really cute little dog in your avatar! :smile:

Many thanks robertwolant , that explains it perfectly. I don't notice FPS much now as I made decision to turn off the red display showing this as I was becoming fixated on fps rather than actually flying!

Thanks for your advise

She is very cute isn't she, very friendly too :-)

3080rtx  on a i7 12700k with 32 Gig ddr5. 2gig Ssd

Quest 2

Windows 11

If the mouse cursor is shown I get in the low 20s without it show I get in the 35-40 fps range

iFly actually has the better feel when hand flying.  I base that on my many flights in NWA's Level-D 744 simulator I used more than a few times up here in Eagan MN (before Delta took over).

I agree it reminds me of the level d I flew as well

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

I don't notice FPS much now as I made decision to turn off the red display showing this as I was becoming fixated on fps rather than actually flying!

Well that's actually the smartest idea I stumbled upon these days.  :lol: I mean really, cought myself watching the red numbers 50% of every flight, it's sick.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.