Sign in to follow this  
z06z33

IFLY 747-400 V2 Released and available on flight1

Thanks a lot for your reviews, gentlemen.

Keen as I was on buying it, I am holding on.

The price tag does look very high for what it seems to offer - one (pax) model and almost no liveries on release.

I also don't like current Flight1 staff's policy 'not to inform customers about what to expect from the product'. :wacko:

And the reported flaws do not make it easier.

One question, Karan, if you don't mind:

Do you actually mean dome or flood lights?

Judging by the screenshots I saw it misses the typical 744 orangeish flood loghts.

Not sure why the panel floods are missing that makes no sense that they release the plane like that I did notice that the panel light switch does get a plus or minus sign by it but the switch doesn't move I wonder if they will add the floods later. What bothers me is no cockpit shadows!!!!

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

My apologies, you are correct. It's missing 'flood' lighting.

I wanted to edit my original post but I guess it's past the time limit allowed by AVSIM. I managed to get a word from the devs over at iFly regarding my throttle issue and they said it's an irregularity with the simulator architecture itself and I've been advised to use FSUIPC to map all my controls. As a result, I spent some time, remapped all my joystick buttons and axes through FSUIPC which eradicated that problem at least.

My apologies, you are correct. It's missing 'flood' lighting.

I wanted to edit my original post but I guess it's past the time limit allowed by AVSIM. I managed to get a word from the devs over at iFly regarding my throttle issue and they said it's an irregularity with the simulator architecture itself and I've been advised to use FSUIPC to map all my controls. As a result, I spent some time, remapped all my joystick buttons and axes through FSUIPC which eradicated that problem at least.

The iFly 747 has flood lighting. If you are running in DX10 with the Fixer, you need to run the fixer to let it install the effects for the aircraft.

DomeLightDX9.jpg

Thanks a lot for your reviews, gentlemen.

Keen as I was on buying it, I am holding on.

The price tag does look very high for what it seems to offer - one (pax) model and almost no liveries on release.

I also don't like current Flight1 staff's policy 'not to inform customers about what to expect from the product'. :wacko:

And the reported flaws do not make it easier.

One question, Karan, if you don't mind:

Judging by the screenshots I saw it misses the typical 744 orangeish flood loghts.

IFLY says they the panel floods aren't modeled ##### even the most basic addons have that!! The CLS 747-200 has adustible panel and gauge floods. IFLY has really shot themselves in the foot here. Things like that make this thing look like a rushed Half assed plane. Now I will say shes a great bird but the FPS could be better and she needs panel floods and DX10 shadow compatibility.These are basics these days! And IFLY ignored them.

The iFly 747 has flood lighting. If you are running in DX10 with the Fixer, you need to run the fixer to let it install the effects for the aircraft.

DomeLightDX9.jpg

Thats not panel flood lights these are and the IFLY lacks these

med_gallery_1_262_797748.png

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Jeeez.. some of the posters need to take it easy on the criticism. Already reading from above I can see some users are having issues that don't seem to be iFly issues, but from a long time FS user, I suspect localized setup ones. 

Please try and be a little more balanced in your approach rather than race to point out apparent flaws - no-one will thank you for that in the long run.

As for what is currently optioned and can be fixed in future service patches.. you don't have to look far to see that in the past iFly has followed up with these,and besides, PMDG, A2A, Qualitywings, etc., all have followed up models with service packs - so what would be different here?

Although I am not in the market for a 747 because I don't have the time nor inclination to fly long routes I might be interested if iFly instituted a Speed time option in the FMC that allowed acceleration to the step down point of a long flight and correctly balanced fuel and weight options from that point... Is there such a thing here?

Jeeez.. some of the posters need to take it easy on the criticism. Already reading from above I can see some users are having issues that don't seem to be iFly issues, but from a long time FS user, I suspect localized setup ones. 

Please try and be a little more balanced in your approach rather than race to point out apparent flaws - no-one will thank you for that in the long run.

As for what is currently optioned and can be fixed in future service patches.. you don't have to look far to see that in the past iFly has followed up with these,and besides, PMDG, A2A, Qualitywings, etc., all have followed up models with service packs - so what would be different here?

Although I am not in the market for a 747 because I don't have the time nor inclination to fly long routes I might be interested if iFly instituted a Speed time option in the FMC that allowed acceleration to the step down point of a long flight and correctly balanced fuel and weight options from that point... Is there such a thing here?

I'm not bashing the plane I know that there will be teething issues but Ifly has said that they didn't include some basic things on purpose and my question is why.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

@FScamp

Hey mate, you are not helpful at all. (giggling in the shadow)

Some people considers fine fps at 15-20. For me anything lower than 30fps is critical and alarming. I only measure fps hit with a percentage, means I have 62fps wih default c272 sitting on aerosoft eddm with traffic, and in PMDG NGX around 33, which is somewhere close to 50%.

Just wanted to point that out, how I would measure fps hit. Didn't wanted to be rude or offensive, far from it mate. Only my hair is raising on "fps is fine", lol. :)

Cheers

True, to be more exact the FPS for me seems to be quite similar to PMDG 777, around 20 around complex payware airports. That's "fine" for me as I'm using AMD graphics card anyway, not optimal for FSX. 

I think that in terms of graphics and flight dynamics it's not up to PMDG 777 / 737NGX, however as long as you stay within normal operation limits the FD seems good enough for me at least (I encountered some very unrealistic behavior while pulling maneuvers that should stall the aircraft.)

I mostly bought this because I've had some issues with the stability of PMDG's old 747, I think this will serve me fine until PMDG's new 747 gets released, flying long haul with just 777 gets boring over the time. 

True, to be more exact the FPS for me seems to be quite similar to PMDG 777, around 20 around complex payware airports. That's "fine" for me as I'm using AMD graphics card anyway, not optimal for FSX. 

I think that in terms of graphics and flight dynamics it's not up to PMDG 777 / 737NGX, however as long as you stay within normal operation limits the FD seems good enough for me at least (I encountered some very unrealistic behavior while pulling maneuvers that should stall the aircraft.)

I mostly bought this because I've had some issues with the stability of PMDG's old 747, I think this will serve me fine until PMDG's new 747 gets released, flying long haul with just 777 gets boring over the time. 

Agree the 777 just lacks the character the 744 has

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

When did not making a move on something become "holding

on" instead of "holding off"?

Mate, there are people here who write 'I would of ...'.  And interestingly enough, it's mainly native speakers of English who make that error.  Best not to mention these things though or people get irritated ;-)

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Not having a basic lighting setup like dome lights in 2014 is unacceptable, especially if you are charging $60 usd

I assume you purchased this and hence the criticism? .

Please see my earlier post. For most of us, I would hardly think having no Dome light is not critical to the purchase of a product - especially if, by all reports, the handling (FDE) feels about right and the FMC reportedly does all that it is intended, and the 3D Flight Deck is very good. And possibly, just possibly there will be even an update in which there is a dome light will be produced  - would you change your mind then?

So you would not buy this because of no Dome light? Jeez tolerance and standards sure have changed. I feel with this type of statement is utterly fickle and frankly trolling.

Not having a basic lighting setup like dome lights in 2014 is unacceptable, especially if you are charging $60 usd

Not having proper simulated flight controls in 2013 was unacceptable, yet we waited 1 year for fix at the well known, $100 priced, product.

Some would argue that lack of 2d panels is unacceptable for $100 priced product, but I guess some developers are to blame and some others not...

Not having a basic lighting setup like dome lights in 2014 is unacceptable

I see there is a lot of confusion about what type of lighting is or is not included.

So even though I do not (yet) have this addon, let me quote iFly staff:

'there are no panel flood lights in the VC. The aircraft has panel and gauge backlights and the dome light'