Sign in to follow this  
hadoken

Triple Monitor Widescreen Distortion Fix

Is it possible to implement a post process shader in FSX using the DX10 Fixer to correct the side screen stretch distortion when using 3 monitors like the fix that Prepp3D does for P3D?

Sweetfx can run post process shaders

I noticed that in FSX (..Flight Simulator X\ShadersHLSL\PostProcess) , there's a post process folder for adding shaders, the same way that Prepp3D does for P3D. Based on what I have researched so far, Prepp3D uses a custom made post process shader to correct the terrible stretched distortion that you get when running FS in super wide screen resolutions. I'm curious as to if a similar shader can be written for FSX, or if P3D doing something that allows for adding new post process shaders where FSX does not.

I would even suppose that the same stretched shader that Prepp3D uses should work in FSX as well, unless the developer is using some specific parts of the DX11 API for the implementation, which I don't think FSX would be able to support.

Yes indeed there is a post process shader (if bloom is enabled) I experimented with running the SweetFx shaders directly from it.

The developer of Prepp3D apparently found a way to write a post process shader for P3D to correct the Widescreen distortion. Looking at the screen shots that he posted here on AVSIM, it looks pretty good.  Since FSX can do the same with bloom enabled, how difficult would it be to implement a similar shader in FSX DX10?