Sign in to follow this  
scandinavian13

Minor 744v2-Related Update

He flies like someone who's type rated on the thing  :P

Aerowinx PSX

It's going to be interesting to compare the two when PMDG's 744 is out.

Kyle, I made a fair point. Otherwise, there's little use in having this forum.

I see what you were getting at, but my point was that it wasn't even directly an update about the product. It's related because it's doing a little research, but it's not directly an update, so I'm not surprised time wasn't spent on uploading and posting pictures here.

And there are several other reasons to have a forum like this. It's here as a way for people to get support from the community. That's the forum's main point, in fact.

Kyle Rodgers

There's actually a faster way of knowing how a 744 and it's systems work, and without having to spend fortunes in LevelD sims - Aerowinx PSX :-)

It explicitly states they were looking for how the aircraft handles not the systems side, i imagine that they will have technical documents and perhaps some form of assistance from Boeing regarding the systems.

Ian R Tyldesley

Funny how Kyle's 'minor' update creates so many posts!

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

Funny how Kyle's 'minor' update creates so many posts!

Yep, including mine and yours!

But I love my T7 - and I love my Queen - Isn't that a bit like bigamy?

Three things to keep in mind when asking for updates from PMDG:

1. Don't ask for things you can't have - like a full head of hair or a 25 year old mistress;
  2. Don't ask for things you can't afford - like a Bugoti Veron or a 25 year old mistress;
  3. Dont' ask for things that might kill you - like a 25 year old mistress!

Seriously though, the 744v2 is definitely on my F_it list. What, you might ask is an F_It list? It's kind of like your bucket list but with a dose of reality. Like: I've always wanted to jump out of a perfectly good airplane so F_It, I'm gonna sign up for those sky diving lessons. Or: I know I can't afford that sleek new Harley, but F_It, I gonna buy it anyhow. That's my F_It list. For those of you who aren't scatologically impaired, you  can fill in the blanks.

Well, I have all of that save the Bugatti and I am still alive. :)

Three things to keep in mind when asking for updates from PMDG:

Amen!

Isn't that a bit like bigamy?

The way I see it is you've put a lot of money and labor into a woman for the last 45 years. Then a sleek, agile 20 year old walks by and you're lost in the moment.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

It explicitly states they were looking for how the aircraft handles not the systems side, i imagine that they will have technical documents and perhaps some form of assistance from Boeing regarding the systems.

Yes, but handling and accuracy of the flight dynamics, and weather effects, it's another high point in Aerowinx PSX. The author has feedback from many sources too, including his LevelD sessions... PSX is a charm to handlfly :)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Hi,

Slightly off topic but i read today that the first qantas 747-400 and 12th built 747-400 (VH-OJA CITY OF CANBERRA) will be sent to the desert after 25+ years of hard long distance service. Very sad but this aircraft started a new era in australian aviation. This girl might be old but she is still a very capable aircraft and etched in aussie aviation history. Cant wait to fly this beauty in pmdg quality!

Ash allen