guenseli

New LINDA 2.9.6 released! (17 May 17) v3

265 posts in this topic

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Update LINDA 2.5.5 has been released (see top post) which contains some fixes and requested changes:

• Added feature to use Default aircraft MCP panel configuration (config-mcp*.default) when user configuration (config-mcp*.lua) does not exist. If neither exists a new configuration is created from templates.
  • Added feature to set up user functions file (user.lua) in aircraft folder from templates.
  • Fixed OnRelease and OnRepeat HID button functions.
  • Fixed GLOBAL SHIFT not latching problem.
  • Fixed HID out of range errors.
  • Updated LINDA version number during MCP panel initialisation.
  • Fixed issue with DME-CRS knob operation.
  • Added FS2Crew Library functions.
  • Fixed issue with managing Presets.
  • Added second shift mode for HID devices (ie. joystick, throttles, etc).
  • Possible fix for Device Not Found errors.

Enjoy!

Thank you very much for this great work.

Now I can fly the Aerosoft A318 with the VRI Boeing Combo II which I still used with 737NGX and MD11.

Thanks again.

François

Hi Francois

Thanks for your kind comments.  Once you have LINDA running with the Aerosoft Airbus (module 4.2) and your MCP2 (Boeing), you simply have to assign the Airbus functions to each of the MCP buttons and knobs.

This can be long and laborious process.  However, I have made it easy for you.  In the Airbus configuration folder (\fsx\modules\linda-cfg\aircrafts\aerosoft airbus\) you will find a file config-mcp2.default.  Make a copy of this file in the same directory and rename it config-mcp2.lua.  Then close and restart LINDA.  This is give you a basic configuration that you can modify to suit your need.  This module applies to all 4 Airbus variants (A318/A319/A320/A321).

Edited by ScotFlieger
Edited

Update 2.5.6 has been uploaded. It fixes a Range Check Error caused by certain HID/joystick devices. It is not an essential update if your set up is working well.  

Update to LINDA 2.5.7 has been released.  It corrects problems reported with HID (joystick) devices with multiple HATs causing Range Check Errors.

My thanks to Frank and Rick for their help in investigating these issues and testing the fixes.  International cooperation at its best.

Thanks for what looks to be a great program. However, I am still getting multiple range check errors. I'm using Saitek equipment (Pro Flight Yoke, Multi-Panel, Switch Panel), SPAD for panel configuration, and I do *NOT* have any of the VRInsight equipment. OS is Windows 7 64 bit.  Flight Sim X with Acceleration Pack installed.

The program is reading the various hardware but isn't saving the names in the Setup e.g. Change "Yoke" to "ProFlight Yoke" and it doesn't stick.

Pressing the "New" key to create a new aircraft module yields the following: When I select the PMDG 737-800NGX WL and leave it set to "Create from Template", when I hit "Create" I get two range check errors and a dialog that says "Invalid File Name - %s".

Until these are fixed, I don't think I can use your program for setup.

Any assistance would be most welcome. I am a software developer so if you need me to do a little deeper digging, dont' hesitate to ask, I'll do what I can from this end.

Hi Rabbitthoven, Sorry to hear about your problem. I'll PM you so I can get to the bottom of this.

Hi Rabbitthoven

I have identified the problem and corrected the Basic 2.5.7 download.  The FSX Default aircraft configuration files were missing from this bare bones installation. However, you have highlighted some areas I will need to address.  Try the full installation download with the PMDG 737NGX module. Enjoy!

Happy New Year.