Sign in to follow this  
The_avionics_guy

Panning sequence when airborne?

hi stephen

Is there a way to use panning sequence when airborne, because when i try to use this feature on ground it works, but when the aircraft is airborne the panning sequence is jammed.

Is there something i'm doing wrong?

Thx in advance

You must associate the PS with a camera view. Then allocate a key or button to the Play Panning Sequence in the Shortcuts dialog. Use the shortcut command at any time and select the PS you wish to play. When playing if you hold down a mouse button the PS will abort, otherwise it plays to completion.

You should be able to play any PS at any time using the above method.

Stephen :-)

If you are a TrackIR user, best also download and install the latest beta as some improvements to TrackIR integration have been included.

Just in case you should open the Spy window and play the PS to make sure no 6DOF exceptions are reported. Just in case your sim can't cope with the 6DOF updates whils busy flying. Let me know if this is the case.

Check that Spy window and let me know. Have you associated the PS with your camera view and have you edited it to check the delay settings just in case a corrupt large delay is shown.

You could also email me your FSXSERVER.PAN file and I will try the PS myself to see if it works airborne on my system.

hi stephen

i did what you told me to do. still have the problem

here.s a short video of my problem 

hope it gonna give you an idea what's going on.

thx

update

i forgot to mention that i use the panning view imported  from  Opus_Panning_Sequences.PSF

in the spy window i have the error

SIM  Set Relative 3DOF Error
      Exception from HRESULT: 0xC00000B0

thx

Thanks, that's the cause of the problem then. Your sim cannot cope with the large number of 6DOF (or 3DOF) updates whilst airborne.

I will think if there is any way of tuning the update rate and get back.

Stephen 

Just watched the video. Do you have any other camera or eye point control program running. Such as TrackIR, EZCA or AccuFeeel ?

That looked as though it could be a conflict between the Panning Sequence (Opus) and some other control action.

Make sure you try the very latest OpusFSI beta as I have just corrected a problem with the TrackIR integration whilst playing PS.

First make sure you have no conflicting eye point control such as mentioned above. If you have disable them or disable their head movements, etc.). Now try the new OpusFSI Beta, if that doesn't work simply edit the Panning Sequence and try increasing or introducing a global Delay of a few milliseconds, increase if necessary.

But I think you will find its nothing more than a conflict with the eye point control or the new Beta will cure the problem.

Stephen

Hi Stephen

i didn't try the beta yet.Here's a little  report

I don't have any interfering eye-point program and after some troubleshooting i found something out.The problem is related to DHM,because when i disable it, everything works fine, but he main FSISERVER  is not responding ( even though the panning sequence is playing fine).Is there any reason why FSISERVER  is not responding when playing the panning sequence?

Yes, because it's busy.

All DHM should be completely disabled during the playing of Panning Sequences so it looks like you may have uncovered something that is somehow enabling DHM by some other means. Before playing any PS the software disables both DHM and LCC. I will double check tomorrow to make sure this is so.

Can you check that you have not allocated the button or key you are using to play the PS to a camera view. Just in case it's trying to process both and the camera view enables DHM. Do you have DHM enabled in your external aircraft views, is so try disabling it in the Config for these view modes. Just use it for VC views.

I will look into this more closely tomorrow see if I can recreate it so any info will help.

Least we know it's DHM coming on that's causing the conflict so well done for isolating that.

Stephen

In any case I will force DHM to be inhibited during any playing of PS.

I have posted a new Beta for you to download, install and try. OpusFSI Beta Version 4.10.5 is available on our Downloads page. This beta forces the DHM in a disabled state until the Panning Sequence has been played out.