Sign in to follow this  
Q400lover

scenery glich

hi, my names Aaron, and for some reason when i switch my scenery back to default from Obix PNW my scenery at pdx is all messed up, i looks like there are sand dunes all over the airport.. this dose not happen at any other airport. (i have screen shots but i don't know how to put them in the post)

Edited by 738fly

When you switched your scenery back to the default, I assume you did this through the FTX Central utility. Try enabling again and see if the PNW scenery is okay. Then shutdown fsx and run FTX Central and go back to the default. See if this fixed the problem. If not, go to page 5 of the AVSIM CTD Guide for instructions on deleting and rebuilding your facilities/scenery indexes.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I find this a handy tool for posting single screenshots.

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

ok i tried how you said to do it, and it is still doing the same thing, i looked on page 5 of the ctd page and could not fine anything on deleting and rebuilding your facilities/scenery indexes, do you have a link?

When you switched your scenery back to the default, I assume you did this through the FTX Central utility. Try enabling again and see if the PNW scenery is okay. Then shutdown fsx and run FTX Central and go back to the default. See if this fixed the problem. If not, go to page 5 of the AVSIM CTD Guide for instructions on deleting and rebuilding your facilities/scenery indexes.Best regards,

Ok I could not find any Guides for instructions on deleting and rebuilding your facilities/scenery indexes on page 5.

could not fine anything on deleting and rebuilding your facilities/scenery indexes, do you have a link?

Ok I could not find any Guides for instructions on deleting and rebuilding your facilities/scenery indexes on page 5.

The latest AVSIM CTD Guide version is located to the right of this forum under Hot Spots.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

what do you mean to the right is forum under? and i don't see a post called Hot spots? is this the post you mean? http://forum.avsim.net/files/file/65-avsim-crash-to-desktop-guide-for-fsx-p3d-fs9/, and is this the post for deleting and rebuilding your facilities/scenery indexe?. http://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?title=Missing_textures

That's it!

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

is this the post you mean? http://forum.avsim.n...or-fsx-p3d-fs9/,

That's the guide. Yes. That's it. Perhaps I was not clear as I'm an Administrator and I see things that others cannot see but I'm almost positive everyone can look to the right of this forum and look for Hot Spots and then scroll down to the AVSIM CTD Guide. If there was a problem for you, as a member, not being able to see it, then I apologize. I'll have to come up with a better description or maybe even post the link to the product.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM