Sign in to follow this  
yep_DD

DataFields in NAV Mode, viewing Map

Hello,

I recently purchased the mindstar GNS430 with RealNav Data Updates for IFR Training. I've experienced the following issue:

When I am in NAV View Mode, viewing the map, I am unable to to set the Data Fields. I can not enter the "Data Fields" Menu.

Also:

Upon initialition my HSI does not show the CDI and flags according to the initialization window (Half left, out of view, half up, etc...)

Am I doing something wrong?

PS: I am using the Alabeo DA-40 for now. The GNS430 Stack is integrated in 2D Panel (fully working) and in VC (partially working)

I'd be glad to get some help and apologize if the question has been raised before.

Those data fields are not part of any training syllabus that our units are used in for real world training and thus we've not put time and money into developing something our commercial customers have zero use for. That doesn't mean we won't ever put them in, but at this time they're not implemented.

The power up testing is not implemented because we don't hack other company's products. There is no method that allows us to force the nav and glideslope needles to deflect.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Helle Ed,

Thanks for the quick update, but as a real world customer working with your product I'd have at least appreciated a "what's not included" list. For me this actually is important. If you refer to the real garmin manual as a handbook, I expect it to work like described there.

May I assume that also the Map Setup and Track up North Up and so one only works from the gns.ini?

Using a real G430, all this stuff is important because in a charter aircraft you want to set up the device your way. And restore it to your settings.

Greetings,

yep_dd

Hey Ed,

I have another question regarding the descent / vertical speed management is that implemented?

Greetings from Germany

Of course it's an essential feature of the GNS! First thing you want to do in a real world unit is configure the data fields the way you prefer it to be. Default is just NOT OK for every pilot's preference I've flown with.

I would set Bearing / Track / Distance and ETE in the Map page (with data fields on) and Desired Track, Waypoint Name, GS, and ETA on the other page.

It's a must have for me and NO BUY until it's implemented feature.

Rafael Henrique Carelli

This isn't a free-discussion forum. Nor is this a rant-n-rave forum.

We are just as happy removing our 430/530 from the home entertainment market.

Mr. Henrique, I still await your response in your own support thread.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Nobody is rant-n-raving anything here Mr. Wilson, we're just asking about a feature and I was giving my opinion on it. Simple as that.

The response on the other thread is there now.

Rafael Henrique Carelli

Hey Ed,

I have another question regarding the descent / vertical speed management is that implemented?

Greetings from Germany

VNAV was just finished up in the G1000 avionics... the vertical interface for the 430/530 will take additional time. No timeframe for release.

Nobody is rant-n-raving anything here Mr. Wilson, we're just asking about a feature and I was giving my opinion on it. Simple as that.

The response on the other thread is there now.

Let me be a bit more clear: This product that we make... the 430/530 as well as the G1000... they are used in commercial training systems. Because of that, absolutely everything and anything regarding them and their feature set is completely controlled by that environment.  Nothing else.

We only offered the 430/530 to home users because someone who knew we had them suggested the FS community would appreciate having them. So far I have to say almost no one is happy about:

• Updatable navigational data.
  • Getting both the 430 and the 530 for one price.
  • Getting crossfill for no additional cost.
  • Getting to use the 430/530 in FS9, FSX and Prepar3D without additional license purchasing.
You have paid far less for far more than anyone else's offerings to the home user, yet that simply isn't good enough.  I suspect our free update to support WAAS will make things even worse.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Wow, no offense but I am disappointed, not by the missing features, but because it is not pointed out clearly. So for me this means I "wasted" $50. VNAV and DataFields are really really important for me. If it is implemented within the next couple of months it is okay and I really appreciate your effort and hard work to contribute to all the community. But being spoiled with systems from PMDG and LevelD, I expect a higher detail of implementation. Especially if there is no money back guarantee. And believe me, I'd have paid $200 if the features were worth it. I think most enthusiastic simmers and trainees prioritize quality and not cost.

Neither PMDG nor LevelD make training systems. They make entertainment products. They don't have a list of training industry clients detailing what they want. We do.

You feel you wasted your money, however whatever updates and/or enhancements we do... they are normally part of that purchase... no matter if it's 5 years from now and a new version of Prepar3D. You aren't getting that with anyone else. Anyone.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

We only offered the 430/530 to home users because someone who knew we had them suggested the FS community would appreciate having them. So far I have to say almost no one is happy about:

• Updatable navigational data.
  • Getting both the 430 and the 530 for one price.
  • Getting crossfill for no additional cost.
  • Getting to use the 430/530 in FS9, FSX and Prepar3D without additional license purchasing.
You have paid far less for far more than anyone else's offerings to the home user, yet that simply isn't good enough.  I suspect our free update to support WAAS will make things even worse.

Of course I (and for sure the whole FS community) appreciate that!!! The market on gauges is in shortage of developments, and we DO need those garmins units support and better avionics for FS since some old companies abandoned the ship.

So many planes and add-ons are in the need of some good G1000 and the 530/430 stack! I do really believe that WAAS and other implementations will be a good reason for better and better sales, and despite what you may think, I am really willing to invest my money on that avionics and supporting your company.

I wouldn't ask for a refund on my G1000 purchase with my poor frames, because it is, in my belief, a liiiiiittle investment in a company with future and mainly, with SUPPORT.

Best regards, and good sales, always!  :Peace:

Rafael Henrique Carelli

As I said, I am being patient. But I'd have liked a feature list. So we'll see what happens.

Well... the vertical guidance is already in the works... so it will show up sooner or later. The data fields are not in the works but since you asked nicely I'll add them to the list of requests with no assurances of if or when.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Hi Ed,

thanks again for the reply. That sounds great actually. May I ask when the product had been released? May be I was just expecting a little too much or didn't read thoroughly enough what is still missing. It'd be great to see the product grow n the future.

Will new features be announced here?

Greetings from Germany,

yep_dd

Please sign your posts with your name. We are instituting the same policy as PMDG in the forums here.

As we update the gauges, we will post that information here in this forum.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69