Sign in to follow this  
clarkt

B777 climbs extremely slow!

Hello, I am facing a big prob with CS777....

After departure I engage vnav, rnav and autothrottle, and while I everything seems to work correctly, the speed suddenly drops and the climbing stops to maintain speed...I had GW 100tons so I wasnt overloaded. I have also watched tutorials on how to configurate rnav but still nothing.

What should I do? I really wanted  an airliner for longhaul flights and this aircraft was my last option, but its all proven to be a real waste of money!!!... :(

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Does the speed drop because the AT retards the throttles or does the plane "try" but can not maintain speed? I don't have it yet and I'm just asking because things like weather addons could affect it.

Well, the CS forums are a tad bit more busy than this Avsim section, so perhaps also try to ask over there.

After departure I engage vnav, rnav and autothrottle, and while I everything seems to work correctly, the speed suddenly drops and the climbing stops to maintain speed...I had GW 100tons so I wasnt overloaded.

Hi, clarkt,

There have been similar issues w/ the PMDG 777, and I believe it has to do with using FSUIPC mapping to control the flaps.  The flaps appear up but the sim reads them as extended.  Even if you are not using FSUIPC for flaps, try removing the FSUIPC module from FSX/Modules and see if the problem goes away.  Also, updating to the latest FSUIPC version  may fix it.

Another thing to check is the OAT.  Some weather programs mess it up.  Check what OAT you are seeing when the problem arises -- shouldn't be much above 0o C at, say, 15,000 ft.

Mike

Re: the posting issue over at CS. I think you have to pick existing threads as a new user. Just chose one being somehow close to your problem.

I don't understand why this regulation is still in place. Sorry for that btw, I feel your pain. :unsure:

Mind you I did ask you some questions about the error details in my post. Could you describe the process of the speed drop?

Re: the posting issue over at CS. I think you have to pick existing threads as a new user. Just chose one being somehow close to your problem.

I don't understand why this regulation is still in place. Sorry for that btw, I feel your pain. :unsure:

I attempted to post my issue in their forums on a existing topic. In the thread I included a link to a screenshot of the issue and hit Post Reply, at which point a window opened and stated that I'm not allowed to post links until I complete 10 individual and seperate posts. Fair enough, I removed the link, hit Post Reply and was met with another pop-up informing me that I had been banned from posting due to possible spamming. Give me a ######in' break!

These people won't get another cent from me. And I guess I'll go ahead and toss this paint in the trash. Absolutely worthless forum with nonexistent staff.

I attempted to post my issue in their forums on a existing topic. In the thread I included a link to a screenshot of the issue and hit Post Reply, at which point a window opened and stated that I'm not allowed to post links until I complete 10 individual and seperate posts. Fair enough, I removed the link, hit Post Reply and was met with another pop-up informing me that I had been banned from posting due to possible spamming. Give me a ######in' break!

These people won't get another cent from me. And I guess I'll go ahead and toss this paint in the trash. Absolutely worthless forum with nonexistent staff.

You could just post the image location without enclosing it in the [ img ]   [ /img ] brackets. We can highlight and copy the link to access the image if necessary (which is exactly what I do if someone does so).

On top of that, I can only assume that you got the ban for (1) trying to include the image in the post too many times (I don't know what their limit is on that is though), or (2) you somehow clicked on "Post" button too many times, too quickly. Even I've recieved a 10 minute ban for accientally doing the latter, and I have over thousands of posts in their forum!

Hi, clarkt,

There have been similar issues w/ the PMDG 777, and I believe it has to do with using FSUIPC mapping to control the flaps.  The flaps appear up but the sim reads them as extended.  Even if you are not using FSUIPC for flaps, try removing the FSUIPC module from FSX/Modules and see if the problem goes away.  Also, updating to the latest FSUIPC version  may fix it.

Another thing to check is the OAT.  Some weather programs mess it up.  Check what OAT you are seeing when the problem arises -- shouldn't be much above 0o C at, say, 15,000 ft.

Mike

Thank you Mike, it was all about FSUIPC..I thought of checking the flaps when this problem appeared but the aircraft said they were retracted..Anyway thank you for your useful advice!

I have experienced something similar to this in CLB mode with TOGA still active and Autothrottle engaged. Both LNAV and VNAV are selected and the speed suddenly plunges and inevitably a stall occurs at around 1600 feet. This has happend more than once to me.

If you are using ASN for weather I saw a note to reduce the wind shear settings to something like 10 percent from 50 percent (lor disable it altogether). Also Mark at CS support suggested in the FMC make sure you have pressed LSK1, 2 and 3 for V speeds and they are confirmed on the display.(which I had done).

I have the basic FSUIPC installed (Freeware) so no controls are mapped

Sign in to follow this