Sign in to follow this  
SuperCell

Drzewiecki Designs KEWR Airport Elevation Problem

The taxiways are all a little higher than the runways, causing aircraft to bounce and such. Turning off the AFX_KEWR_ALT.bgl doesn't do anything. Is there a work around? I don't use custom mesh nor do I have New York City X. To my knowlege KTEB and KLGA work fine.

Do you have things like Orbx Vector installed? I would scan for other KEWR files with freeware like simple airport scanner. Maybe there's something around setting up those elevation problems.

GEX and UTX for me. I'll try simple airport scanner.

Yeah that didn't work. But it's good to know I have 184 addon airports lol. Deleting the MyTraffic kewr bgl didn't work either.

Mmm, two opportunities then. Write the devs and see if they have some ideas/fixes or get the free Airport Design Editor and literally level the place.

i have the same problem with vector and keflavik,no matter what i do it dont work together.Even if i run the auto config in vector with airports,i cant keflavik to work.

Awww. I just have standard fsx so I can't use the SDK... I'll ask on their forums.

Of course. Btw there are no orbx regions for the Atlantic northeast lol and like I said I use gex and utx. Na openlc is not released

Of course. Btw there are no orbx regions for the Atlantic northeast lol and like I said I use gex and utx. Na openlc is not released

I mean the vector and aec entries of Orbx. Also there are openlc entries for America, the point is just to have the airport scenery above everything else to make sure the airport is highest.

Wow. I'm ignorant. Yeah it's on top of everything and I don't know what aec is so im assuming I don't have that. Are there any hidden files that I can still delete that aren't in MyTraffic or scenery/world? I'll note that reinstalling doesn't work either.

With all the thanksgiving sales, I happened to buy ftx global and vector as well as a few airports. I can confirm that deleting the MyTraffic Kewr elevation bgl or whatever its called works. Apparently turning this off with gex and utx on does not work. But it works with vector and global. Unfortunately, my local airport of KEGE now has an elevation problem haha.

If it helps, I have FTX Global (no vector), and there is no elevation problem with my DD KEWR. I have DD NYC Airports package, not just KEWR.