Sign in to follow this  
Zoho30

Runwsy slope ! Could included in the future !

Hi guys

Imagine that the Lockheed Martin produce and simulate the Runway sloping in any of the future updates or even releases !.

it will be strogly realistic feature. and increase the enjoyment of the flight simulation.

P3D team is crazy, Can do anything and gives us unbelievable results as in the latest release (v2.4).

Thx.

I can be done in FSX and P3D but getting Ai to work properly is a problem.

XPlane has sloping runways but uses Ai with full flight models (all 20 of them ) maybe that's how Laminar get round the issue.

Yep, LUKLA and courchevel contain the sloping, but I am talking about all the airports.

I think xplane do that, can P3D done that also !!!!!!

Maybe !

I can be done in FSX and P3D but getting Ai to work properly is a problem. XPlane has sloping runways but uses Ai with full flight models (all 20 of them ) maybe that's how Laminar get round the issue.

Flight Unlimited II had AI and sloping runways in 1997...It's a matter of what is prioritized in development.

The problem with sloping runways in X-Plane is that it's global, and I believe the sim has to be restarted for the change to take effect. It works with some airports, but many add-ons require you to turn the option off in order to display all objects correctly. Otherwise you get stuff like floating or partially submerged hangars. I think most X-Plane users actually have the option turned off because so much add-on scenery displays incorrectly otherwise.

If LM introduce this option, there needs to be a way to enable/disable it on a per-airport basis.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Flight Unlimited II had AI and sloping runways in 1997...It's a matter of what is prioritized in development.

The problem with sloping runways in X-Plane is that it's global, and I believe the sim has to be restarted for the change to take effect. It works with some airports, but many add-ons require you to turn the option off in order to display all objects correctly. Otherwise you get stuff like floating or partially submerged hangars. I think most X-Plane users actually have the option turned off because so much add-on scenery displays incorrectly otherwise.

If LM introduce this option, there needs to be a way to enable/disable it on a per-airport basis.

Its the first time to know that, thanks jimmie.

Converted airports have these problems you mentioned.

Created airports directly to the X-plane work 100% with the slope ...

Not really correct, 95% addons work with sloping runways,. and pretty much all of the modern ones. The sloping runway feature in X-plane is brilliant, even just slight inclines, matches real world. I think most fly with it on, and I am one of them. 

Not really correct, 95% addons work with sloping runways,. and pretty much all of the modern ones. The sloping runway feature in X-plane is brilliant, even just slight inclines, matches real world. I think most fly with it on, and I am one of them. 

+1