Sign in to follow this  
Domini99

Leonardo md80 - where's the alternate gear extension?

Okay i've got a simulated bird strike leading to failure of my left engine.
I'm still circling the airfield right now, but for some reason i've lost all hydraulic pressure and the gear won't go down.

Where's the manual/alternate gear extension thing on this aircraft?

CTRL + G doesn't seem to work, and i can't find anything in the manual.

The landing ended up like this:

4af558c44efcc38ae128b4f6e7d40044.png

Now to prevent sparkestorm next time, how do i lower the landing gear manually/without hydraulics on this plane?

Not much can be seen on the pic but look here for the Emergency gear extension lever. http://www.hilmerby.com/md80/md_gear.html

Lol the picture is just my MD-80 lying on the runway without the gear down.

Thanks for the page, but i couldn't even move the gear lever down, it was just stuck in position.

I can't find any lever down there that looks like the one on the picture either :sad:

Not sure if this is modelled to be honest. Maybe you did the best you could and saved the passengers. :smile:

Not sure if this is modelled to be honest. Maybe you did the best you could and saved the passengers. :smile:

Would be pretty sad if it isn't modelled.

This is the first time in years of flying the MD-80 that my landing gear malfunctioned, so let's hope it just doesn't happen again. I'm glad i landed safely and not this dull "Crash" i expected as soon as my tail hit the ground.

Still weird, normally i'd say an engine failure wouldn't cause the entire hydraulic system to be lost.

I've landed multiple times with my left engine shut off and always landed safely.

Does this addon simulate catastropic engine failures, causing turbine blades to cut in the fuselage and break the hydraulic system?

I know the entire hydraulic system is located in the tail. Even after so many years this addon is still suprising me :smile:

I would have to check with the docs but you are correct insofar that "just" losing the engine (and, therefore, one hydraulic pump arrangement) should not cause too much trouble.

If the fluid is still around, the system can be pressurised via the hydraulic transfer unit and the power of the remaining engine (pump) plus the aux pump. Since the Maddog still is close to being a benchmark on the system details (goes down to the CBs), we could assume that you had multiple systems failing.

You might be able to check the active failures via the config tool. There's a list being generated if my memory doesn't trick me. This list even differentiates between the liveries being used, so make sure to select the right one.

Btw, Do we agree that a 2014 Maddog "reloaded" would be awesome2 ? :Drooling:

"Do we agree that a 2014 Maddog "reloaded" would be awesome"

What does this "reloaded" mean?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

I think I had the FlyTampa usage of the word in mind. Namely a refresh of an already existing product up to the point where the new thing only shares the name. Guess that I could also have used the Aerosoft "Extended" phrase.

In short, Maddog 2014. ^_^

CoolP,

"Namely a refresh of an already existing product up to the point where the new thing only shares the name."

I see, thanks. Maddog 2014e.g.

That would be as in Payware (as in new purchase at SimMarket) for no support from the developer?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

I would have to check with the docs but you are correct insofar that "just" losing the engine (and, therefore, one hydraulic pump arrangement) should not cause too much trouble.

If the fluid is still around, the system can be pressurised via the hydraulic transfer unit and the power of the remaining engine (pump) plus the aux pump. Since the Maddog still is close to being a benchmark on the system details (goes down to the CBs), we could assume that you had multiple systems failing.

You might be able to check the active failures via the config tool. There's a list being generated if my memory doesn't trick me. This list even differentiates between the liveries being used, so make sure to select the right one.

Btw, Do we agree that a 2014 Maddog "reloaded" would be awesome2 ? :Drooling:

Yeah, i'd love to have one with upgraded graphics, hd cockpit and native FSX model :smile:

MD-80 is one of the most beautiful things out there  :wub:

CoolP,

"Namely a refresh of an already existing product up to the point where the new thing only shares the name."

I see, thanks. Maddog 2014e.g.

That would be as in Payware (as in new purchase at SimMarket) for no support from the developer?

Yeah that'd be a problem :/

Without support of the developer i don't think we can get such realism as the current one.

MD-80 hyd reservoirs are in main gear wheel well, but if hyd lines compromised you could have sioux city, DC-10 irl event where all 3 hyd systems lines compromised resulting in loss of all fluid. Gear handle stuck could mean exploding tire (from over heat, or damage on takeoff) caused catastrophic systems damage.

@timc1959, you are replying to a 10 year old topic. A reply is unlikely. Necroposting is frowned on at AvSim.

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather