Sign in to follow this  
MrGreen

Climb speed and descent checklist

Hi.

I have 2 questions regarding the addon.

1: After acceleration height some operators would climb at IAS 210 knots, is it possible to call this during the after takeoff checklist (Flap 0 I A S 210)? Or do I have to independently call the speed after the checklist  command?

2: I presume you would do the descent checklist when leaving cruise altitude (or thereabouts), but as the first item is "altimeters" this would prevent the FO from finishing the checklist until transition level.

In Europe the transition level might be as low 5000 feet (probably lower in some countries) so the FO would not finish the other items until that time.

Doesn't it seem more appropriate that the altimeter item should be lower on the  checklist or "below the line" in Europe?

Thanks in advance

Hi William,

Please see the "notes" in the bottom of the "Takeoff and Init Climb to 10,000" feet section:

http://www.support.fs2crew.com/help/manuals/#pageid=flows4

For the Altimeters, we copied Colgan verbatim... I'll see if we can modify the checklists a bit in a future update to accomodate more Euro specific situations.

Best,

Hi.

Thank you and sorry for the late reply.

If I understood your answer correctly the only available callouts after takeoff are:

"Flaps 0 I A S 160/185/200/240 climb checklist to the line"

I know that many European carriers use "high speed climb" or 210KIAS until FL150 and then either 5 knots less every 1000 feet or Pitch Hold 5 degrees.

Flybe uses 210 KIAS, Tyrolean mostly 210 KIAS but also 185 (Intermediate climb) or 160 for terrain avoidance.

Wideroe I think also use 210 commonly, but I'm awaiting confirmation from a pilot there.

Of course it is not a big problem that "210 IAS"  is unavailable during the climb checklist but if you ever get the chance to add that, I would appreciate it very much.

Also thanks for considering the altimeter "issue".

From the manual... (you should ask for 200... then make a SET I A S 2 1 0 command.)

Note: Speed 185 is recommended until passing 2500 feet AGL.  Above that you may ask the PM to set a higher speed with the voice command "SET I A S XXX"

Note: If you do not want to use speed 185 initially when calling for the Climb Checklist, you may use the following commands:

"FLAPS 0, I A S ONE SIXTY, CLIMB CHECKLIST TO THE LINE"
"FLAPS 0, I A S TWO HUNDRED, CLIMB CHECKLIST TO THE LINE".
"FLAPS 0, I A S TWO FORTY, CLIMB CHECKLIST TO THE LINE".

Note: Above 1000 AGL, you make ask the FO to couple the autopilot.  Speak "AUTOPILOT ON".