Sign in to follow this  
Tim_Capps

Nvidia Inspector and Drivers 344.75 please help, at wits end

After a Windows 7 self destruct, I got everything set back up. With the new drivers there appeared to be new and better settings, but they produced the same lousy AA. (I fly steam gauges airplanes so this is kind of a big deal.) So I reverted to the standard FSX profile in Control Panel. (Not sure where th at came from, but doesn't seem to be an option to delete it.)

Next I went back to NI. Set up a profile, saved, hit "apply" Unchecked AA in FSX. No AA at all. Checked AA, standard FSX lousy AA.

Clearly, I have somehow lost the connection between NI settings and FSX and I can't figure out why. It used to be rock solid and crisp. Now my 737-200 panel looks like a squirming mass of maggots. If you can help, I'd be very grateful.

To keep your profile in NI you need to export it and import it back again after a driver update as the installation of the new driver resets the profiles back to default.

You mention you 'set up a new profile' not sure what you mean as there is a profile already there for fsx, you need to scroll down to ' ms flight sim X' and just edit that one.

Bob

Thanks for the reply. I lost my old profile in the crash. Somehow with the new drivers I wound up with an FSX profile in Nvidia control pane!, not NI. Before, I had not had that. So, I have a new NI profile, and some sort of FSX profile in Control Panel. Yet I understand that shouldn't matter because NI should just take control once I save reimport and apply? I am feeling really stupid because what was working before just isn't now and I cant figure out why.

The real problem is Nvidia and NI are just ignoring one another.

Let me try to clarify. I have two places where an FSX profile of some sort exists. First, in the Nvidia Control Panel app. And it doesn't seem to work no matter what whiz bang settings it promises. Same old story, right?

Second, in good old Nvidia Inspector. You crank up the settings, save your profile, import it back and now it replaces whatever settings Nvidia Control Panel was thinking about.

Only it's not working. I have the same lousy AA as I did with FSX out of the box. Is there a gotcha I've forgotten about?

Update: I see NI has an FSX profile. Is that legit as is?

Yep open NI, scroll down to the 'MS Flightsimulator X' profile, click on it to open it, edit with the recommendations from the guide at the top right of this forum (hot spots) and click apply ( I always click twice to be sure) or download frosty777 and try that. If still having problems reinstall the gpu drivers using a custom install and click the complete new install button.

Bob

Thanks. Are we still unchecking AA inside the sim?

Thank you! It's working now. Now I just have to come up with the perfect setup for steam gauges.

The 344.60's are working just fine and no crashes.

A tip...with the 344.x series drivers, you no longer need to run your card at 'Prefer Maximum Power'  If you run this selection as Adaptive, you will most likely find that not only can you overclock your card with this driver series, but that no further BSOD's or 'the driver has lost communication with the g-card' pop-ups will show up.

I had some BSOD's of my own, with my over-clock settings, but since having gone Adaptive, I have the same great FPS's from my over-clock settings, but no further BSOD's, or driver disconnects.

Ses

I'll try that, thanks. I'm not getting BSOD, but GSOD (Gray Screens of Death) where I can see the frozen sim as if looking through a grey haze.