Sign in to follow this  
michal

it happens to the best

Tom was 73 with huge flying experience (over 18,000 hrs) and his wife was a pilot too. They both maintained a private airport in

northeastern Pennsylvania where they kept many antique aircraft that Tom brought back to life. They would fly to many fly-ins 

and other aviation events to display their aircraft. From one of the events they did not return safely. It was Labor Day 2013.

They were trapped by a line of thunderstorms, they had many warnings but despite that pressed on to return home. They crashed

and Tom and his wife perished. Most recent FLYING magazine writes about this accident - it is a classic study of pilot

who would rather keep flying than wait out bad weather in a hotel room.

Below is a video - Tom with his restored yellow 1944 Cessna T-50 - exactly the plane in which he lost his life. It is a bit eerie to watch

such video - pilot and his prized aircraft, both now gone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtE-NZINBX4

Flying magazine makes for a good cockpit read in cruise...  I learn a lot from it.  If you have an Android device, you can get a cheaper subscription.  It's easy to read on a tablet.

sig01.png

If you have an Android device, you can get a cheaper subscription.

Are you sure that it is cheaper than my roughly $8 per year paper subscription, plus I happen to like paper  B)

Are you sure that it is cheaper than my roughly $8 per year paper subscription, plus I happen to like paper  B)

You had a good deal my friend. Enjoy!

sig01.png