Foolish comments....

We do know however based on hardware and software given by the OP a certain range of performance and I would say I would be pretty darn close in my predicted range of FPS. Those were meant to serve as a guide, not a etched-in-stone range.

I wonder if I had said 0-1000 FPS if I would have been less foolish?

Oh wise one, what performance would he most likely see then?

Bottom line is, a balanced system will give you all you need to enjoy FSX, PMDG a/c and high quality airport addons. I am still on an IB i5 with a modest overclock, coupled with a half decent Nvidia based graphics card with some decent VRAM and I get a 30FPS performance with PMDG 777 at FSDT CYVR on a rainy day and VOX ATC. Sure, the odd time if you face the wrong way when it's busy with some AI around, I will get a little dip now and again down to 25FPS, but with sensibly tweaked cfg and NI setup, inc 1/2 vsync, I get a smooth good performance.

I am no computer guru, but I trust what I have learned from sometimes bitter experience, you can have the best CPU on the market, overclocked to the limit and if you put it with the wrong accompanying components, such as a low end, low VRAM graphics card, you will be disappointed. Similarly you will be disappointed if you go buy a GTX980 Ti and stick it with a low end, unclocked CPU.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

With brand new parts (including monitor, case etc) - 1500 USD for a really really nice one.  You could spend 11-1200 for a pretty decent one...  could get you 20 fps with addons and weather and addon scenery,

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

It is not only about FPS - in DX10, 20 is perfectly smooth, and 15 for shorter periods is ok. You should also consider more or less blurred landscapes, i.e texture filling, and this is where a multi core CPU makes a difference. I' m still on an old oc'ed 6-core AMD, and while FPS not is exceptional, I get a remarkably sharp non-blurred picture. And yes, all 6 core quite often are at 100% - not only during launch of sim or panning.

BR

Anders

Forget about better hardware. I am on a i5 3570k at 4.4Ghz. I was running on a GTX660 and upgraded to the GTX970. After 2 months of trials, the smoothest expirience is with no autogen.

So, because I got tired of thinking what FPS I would get in a certain airport and given the fact that even 1 stutter on final ruins all the feeling of landing, I choose to fly with no autogen. When you are 1000 feet high it seems much better too...if you get used to it, its the best 'tweak' ever...let alone that you can 'feel' the airplane much better..very important for good landings.

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

No AG?  Eww.. might as well use FS9 blah!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

What is your budget?  Those two are pretty much junk, altho the i7 one is a lot better than the first which is totally unsuitable

P3D v4.5 MSFS2020 Hisense 50" 4K TV

Ryzen 5800X, 32gb DDR 3600mhz, MSI B550 PRO VDH WiFi, MSI 6900XT Z Trio, Gammaxx L360, 1TB NVMe Boot/FS2020 Drive, 1TB NVMe P3D Drive, 1Tb Crucial SSD Storage Drive, Saitek Yoke, Pedals, Radio Panel, Switch Panel, 2 x FiPs

UKV6427

bradleyroebuck, you are going backwards here, you were almost there with your post #3 except for as I noted before, change the video card to a Nvidia ( preferably a 970 or 770), find out how much they will charge you for the upgrade and there you have your cost which hopefully is within your budget or affordability comfort level. Also as mentioned before, if the addition of a second HD is possible, go for it.

Regards,

Rick Hobbs

I just want to find a good computer for not too much

The one for £750 is too much plus I would need to buy a moniter a key board ,mouse it all adds up to too much

Maybe you could think about a referb. Not the best choice but will give you maybe something closer to the performance you are looking for. The last two choices just won't cut it for you IMO. Especially relying on on-board graphics, again IMO.

Regards,

Rick Hobbs

OK, why don't you post what your budget is and go from there. There are a lot of UK guys here that might have some suggestions for you. It is pretty difficult for me being from over the pond where prices are different. Having to buy a mouse and keyboard is not a big expense, you don't need absolute top of the line. You mentioned you want to fly the NGX, do you have a controller, such as a joy stick?

Rick Hobbs