Sign in to follow this  
carm

Demo Time

I now am told after 30 minutes of flying  that the ' Demo Time' has expired. Then I'm shut down.   I've never seen this before in  a long time Simming.  What is this ?  Can I stop it.  ?   :(

CJ

Looks like you some how lost your registration authorization,  You will need to reactivate. You may need to do this by phone, as I'm not sure the online registration works anymore since MS dropped support. When you try to reactivate you will need the Activation Key that came with FSX when you bought it, it's usually a sticker on the inside of the DVD case, hope you still have it. Note it's possible you may have a problem with an error code 1722, if you do, you'll need this!

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928080

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I also answered on the other site.  Did you just re-install FSX and forget to activate it?  Don't know if I

have ever heard of an activation that has been working going bad.  Maybe this might be a first!

I agree with tf51d about re-activating by phone.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

I also answered on the other site.  Did you just re-install FSX and forget to activate it?  Don't know if I

have ever heard of an activation that has been working going bad.  Maybe this might be a first!

No I had it happen twice to me (both with the Error 1722 situation), but that was with RTM/SP1, I haven't had any issues since SP2 was released though. (Knock on wood!:lol:)

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

I'm not sure the online registration works anymore since MS dropped support.

For the record, activation and support are two different things.

Activation is an automatic process and continues long past the end of support.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

For the record, activation and support are two different things.

Activation is an automatic process and continues long past the end of support.

regards,

Joe

I've heard others post the automated system no longer worked, but were able to activate by phone.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

Hey CJ,

I recently had a similar problem. I was doing a little house keeping and noticed a bunch of uninstall files in the FSX root directory.  I created a new folder for these and while I was at it I saw several files that  seemed of little use other than taking up space and moved these to it also.  If I thought there was any possibility that these might currently be of any use I would not have chosen them.  The next time I started FSX I got a strange message which I didn't relate to activation but after 30 minutes FSX timed out.  I put all the files back where they were and all was fine on restart. Glean from this what you will.

Jim F.

I've heard others post the automated system no longer worked

It works just fine as it is the same system that handles many other MS products as well.

I agree.  Some how it got installed without activation. How--it beats me.

How do I go about activating ' by phone'  is there a special number, or what . :huh:

CJ .

Look in your main FSX folder for the phone activation XML.  It has a complete list according to your location.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

The automated system is working quite well...at least it did for me when I reinstalled FSX a couple of weeks ago.