Sign in to follow this  
rhd75

G1000 styles

I've been using the G1000 with the RealAir Duke, and for testing purposes up to now I've been using the Diamond DA42 style. Today, however, I tried creating a more appropriate version of the panels using the supplied configuration utility to edit the G1000.INI.

Unfortunately, this utility doesn't seem to work too well. I tried to create a new Configuration Name called "Duke" and then assigned the "Beech Baron" style to it. Clicking apply produces a message, "The Beech Baron style is not available yet." However, I know it does exist because there's a Beech Baron with Mindstar G1000 already installed in P3D. I assume the Mindstar installer created this variant.

Another problem is that selecting the Beech Baron style in the Configuration Utility grays out the Vmc and Vyse boxes. What's going on here? Looks like I will have to resort to editing the .INI manually.

Update: I got the Beech Baron style working in the sim. Is there a way to edit the scale for the engine instruments to be appropriate for the Duke? (e.g. propeller RPM green arc from 2350 to 2900)