Sign in to follow this  
brucek

Alternative night lighing, XPX v3.1

I was reading some recent PC Pilot mags today and came across an article in their "Beginners' Guide to XP" article about "Libraries and Plug-ins". One of the items is a downlod to upgrade the "day and night lighting". It's a file downloadable from forums.x-pilot.com. I navigated to the file location and got a notification that the file is "broken". I'm not sure what that means but figure that it doesn't work correctly....

So, are there any other suggestions for lighting add-ons that enhance the default lights- especially night lighting? Once again, I'm at v3.1 in XPX

Thanks, Bruce.

Edit (too late for the edited original post):

I tried the file that was reported "broken", figuring that it was only a .txt file so could be restored from my backed up file if necessary. The file worked, very intense lights on runways, approaches, etc., plus also traffic on roads (I may have tried the wrong one, there are 4 to choose from)-  so bright that the detail in the lights was almost lost.. will try more later in the week as work is now calling.....

But- the exception to the bright lights was the city lighting, or almost lack of it in comparison to the extreme brightness of the airports/road traffic.   Is there a way to increase the city detail lighting as well?

Thanks.... so much to learn.....  :)

Bruce.

With Fly with Lua and Real Haze plugin you can also tune a lot the lights of planes and cities with a convenient interface.

Alexander Colka

Thanks for the suggestions... I took a look at the video on the Real Haze site and it is almost unbelievable....  look forward to trying both solutions.. thanks again.  Bruce.