Sign in to follow this  
rhd75

G1000 bank indicator does not match horizon

It appears that when the wings are level according to the bank indicator, the horizon on the PFD is sloping down to the left, as if the plane were in a very slight right turn. You can see this by clearing weather and putting the autopilot in heading mode. Could this be fixed?

First, you've offered nothing for us to look at. We have no such issues on our systems, nor do the literally thousands of training systems out there using this G1000. We have seen nothing that needs fixing.

Second, the tone in your posts needs to show a bit more courtesy.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

I think I can see what he is referring to although I have no idea whether its how the real thing is or not. The white horizon line itself is perfectly level from what I can tell. However that yellow marker to the right of the airplane symbol is slightly lower than the one on the left.

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion

Actually, the white horizon line is not perfectly level, it slopes down to the left. It is antialiased so it is hard to see. The sky pointer points exactly to the 0 degree marker on the roll scale, but the yellow "wings" of the "miniature airplane" are not parallel to the horizon.

That is not something I see on my system. I will forward the link to your image to our staff.

Also, you need to sign your posts with your name.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Rich, or Richard is enough... just a name I can address you with properly.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Ok Rich, I can call you Rich?? Anyway, it's the pitch pointer that is off... by maybe 2 pixels to the left. I don't think that's the end of the world, however it's on our list and will get looked at sooner or later.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Glad to hear that you are tracking down the problem. Just wanted to add that, as a pilot and a strong believer in the use of home simulators by pilots, I am grateful for your fine product and am here to help you improve it. Please consider any future bug reports I make to be made in this spirit.

Anyway, it's the pitch pointer that is off... by maybe 2 pixels to the left.

If by this you are saying that the yellow horizontal pitch markers (the wings of the miniature airplane) are not level, I don't agree. I made a picture to illustrate this. Looking at the individual pixels, they are level with each other. The horizon line, on the other hand, appears to show about a 1 degree angle of bank, even though the autopilot was supposedly producing straight and level flight.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sgtlqz2htum65qn/MindstarPFD.png?dl=0

Let me rephrase... I meant the roll pointer. :Sigh:

To test we load onto a runway, where everything is definitely level because that's all the sim knows for runways. :)

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69