Sign in to follow this  
yep_DD

Engine Accuracy

Hey fellow DA-40 Flyers,

may be you've come across the same issues. Why is the engine a 6cyl engine? AFAIK a IO 360 M1A  / A4M (4 cyl, inj.) is used (or a Cenurion Diesel)? 

What I am also missing: the typical hiccup the DA40 gets when it is leaned and you throttle forward.

Greetings

Why is the engine a 6cyl engine?

I was wondering the same here but that's just a displayed issue since the sim regards the engine as the correct four cylinder arrangement due to this line in the aircraft.cfg.

number_of_cylinders=       4

As for the hiccup or anything else exceeding the default FSX/P3D engine model details, don't expect those. This is not a plane making use of custom external modules like e.g. A2A uses.

The engine performance data will surely give you some decent DA40 figures but the behaviour is bound to mentioned default engine model coming with the sim. As said, to circumvent those limits might only be available when you go proprietary ways.

Hi coolp,

thanks for the quick reply, do you think an update will be released to address that issue? Probably not, right?. I was thinking about buying the A2A's model. Are they that accurate and nice to fly with? 

yep_DD

Probably not, right?

Well I would be more positive, if I could. So I think you are right, no update to expect. :(

As for A2A models. Great stuff! But no DA40 over there. If you want a study sim, that's the place to look for those though.