Sign in to follow this  
stonelance

Flight Toolkit 1.0.26

This has some bug fixes in both versions (including profile persistence fix in non-GFWL version) as well as some fixes in the installer to try to improve reliability and fix some installation issues.

1.0.26.0 - (Multiplayer, but no aerocaches)

www.flighttoolkit.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/FlightToolkit_1_0_26_0.zip

1.0.26.5 - (No multiplayer, but aerocaches and no GFWL keys)

www.flighttoolkit.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/FlightToolkit_1_0_26_5.zip

Changes (this is since 1.0.17 because I didn't checkin my change between so I don't know specifically what changed between them)

General:
- Moved About dialog to shared assembly.
- Added support for async AssetLocator functions, and used it in New Livery to make sure it waits until refresh is done before showing the livery list.
- Fixed a bug in the logging wrapper that was causing logging during new asset creation to fail
- Changed SaveToAddonAsync to not require caller to call inside a task to get multi threading behavior
- Removed Sound asset as a type of generic simprop as it was incorrect and causing a crash in the new livery wizard
- Moved AssetReference and the AssetType attribute to the AssetLocator
- Changed AssetManager to throw specific exceptions depending on the errors
- Improved ObjectBrowser to report when the granny dll is missing for previewing, and not abort the thumbnail generation when one model has an error.
- Fixed bug in DDSConverter when saving out PSD files for new liveries
- Fix some minor bugs during FSX model conversion

Installer:
- Added fix to installer custom actions that creates a GFWL marketplace reg key if one doesn't already exist for the DLC directory
- Added better logging and restoring of the original FileLocator.config during installation to try to fix errors where addons weren't loading in Flight
- Changed installer action sequence to improve reliability on clean machines, or machiens with installs that are in a bad state
- Add DXRedist installation to the installer
- Add VCRedist standalone installer to install bundle since the merge module doesn't seem to work reliably
- Updated to WiX 3.9

Non-GFWL version only:
- Enable logging in GFWL replacement, and make it more useful
- Remove requirement to have connection to the SQL DB for the during initialization
- Fix timestamp errors in player profiles that was blocking user stats from persisting
- Add support for more Flight LSP messages that weren't handled before
- Improve username verification in the custom LIVE login page
- Fix bug when hitting tab in an edit box

Great work once again Steve and thank you for all of your dedication in keeping this Simulator alive! 

+1 !

I'm using 1.0.26.0 and it's working great.  All my stats are working, and it even seems to load faster.  From the time I click on my Flight shortcut until I get to the Main Menu is about 30 seconds.

Cheers Steve

Working nicely here.

ATB
Paul

Good stuff!! 

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Works good but all the runways are flickering, that's odd. Did not do that before.

Steve

This is on my i5 laptop. I did not have a driver update that I know of. It is odd because only the runways and and hardstands that are flickering like crazy, everything else looks fine.

Steve

Hello. I am new to this tool and I cannot find any explanation of what is does and how to use it. I went to flightoolkit.com and could not find any tutorials or information there either. I was reading that you can add basic fsx aircraft to Flight with the addon builder but I cannot find any information on how to do this either. Is there a post I can go to for finding out what this toolkit does and how it works? How do you add an FSX aircraft? Thanks for your help.

BokChoy - if you will look at the very top of this forum you will see a pinned topic concerning the Flight Toolkit. If you read the posts, it will answer your questions about how to get it to work.

As of right now there is no way to import FSX aircraft correctly. Presently the importation of FSX scenery is being worked on.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals