Sign in to follow this  
omera60

XPUIPC Joystick/Button Assignments

Hi all,

I have a question.I have just got XP10 yesterday. I dowloaded XPUIPC but I have a slight problem. I want to assign buttons and joystick axises but I can't find the XPUIPC menu to do it. Doesn't XPUIPC have a menu in the sim like FSUIPC to assign these? Many thanks in advance...

Best,

Omer

PGT0749.png

I don't believe it works the same as FSUIPC. It's strictly a utility for x-plane to communicate with various addons. Any joystick or button mapping has to be done within the sim.

NAX669.png

I don't believe it works the same as FSUIPC. It's strictly a utility for x-plane to communicate with various addons. Any joystick or button mapping has to be done within the sim.

I see... Thanks for the the info! :)

PGT0749.png

X-Assign can do Sets also. I would have one set assignment for landing/taxiing and another for flight.

Hey guys I just heard about the x-assign and wonder if I can download it other than the org?

I was reading a forum post for Sim Avionics as a guy said:

Grab the latest XPUIPC here on this site, you will need it for SimA. Install it into your X-plane\resources\plugins folder. In the plugins menu within X-Plane navigate to XPUIPC | XPUIPC+ | Joystick Functions | Joystick Button Assignments. You can assign joystick buttons to trigger XPUIPC offsets there. Similar to FSUIPC, but much more primitive. There is also a section to calibrate your joysticks for things like CWS etc. This does NOT affect your regular joystick calibration, it is only for certain features in SimA. 

So is he completely wrong?

Probably not but XPUIPC has no GUI interface for configuring it like FSUIPC does.