Sign in to follow this  
gboz

Flash of default VC view between Opus cameras

Hi, I'm using OpusFSX 3.36.1 with win7 and P3D V2.4.

My problem is that when I switch between Opus VC cameras via my assigned JS buttons

or even with the "Change View" arrows in the Opus Camera Control screen the view will sometimes first

flash to a x/y/z/p/b/Y view of (guessing) 0/0/0/0/0/0 which I guess is the default FSX/P3D default VC view.

It also happens if I pan away from an Opus view and then hit the JS button to go back to that view.

Seems to be camera independent too since it will happen going from any Opus camera to any other Opus camera.

It happens so fast that it took me awhile to recognise what was going on.
Weirdly it does not happen all the time, maybe 50% of the time.
However that 50% is enough to make it unusable for me at the moment since it is quite visually disturbing.

Help appreciated,
gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

What you are most likely seeing is the setting of a new zoom level, a process which is extremely inefficient in the sim. So I would advise editing your VC cameras and setting the Default zoom within the zoom dialog for each one. That way there will be no need to re adjust the zoom setting during the view transition.

Stephen :-)

What you are most likely seeing is the setting of a new zoom level, a process which is extremely inefficient in the sim. So I would advise editing your VC cameras and setting the Default zoom within the zoom dialog for each one. That way there will be no need to re adjust the zoom setting during the view transition.

Hi Stephen.

I have the same 0.7 zoom set for all Opus cameras.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Remember, the software has NO knowledge of any changes to the eye point made within the sim. That means if you use the hat switch or any other 'in sim' command to alter the eye point (view mode, zoom, seat position etc..) the software is oblivious to these internal changes. Live Camera can only assume the eye point is where it last left it.

This is the reason for the Live Camera Control LCC feature which allows ad hoc changes which are fully coordinated with Live Camera.

Remember, the software has NO knowledge of any changes to the eye point made within the sim. That means if you use the hat switch or any other 'in sim' command to alter the eye point (view mode, zoom, seat position etc..) the software is oblivious to these internal changes. Live Camera can only assume the eye point is where it last left it.

This is the reason for the Live Camera Control LCC feature which allows ad hoc changes which are fully coordinated with Live Camera.

'

Stephen I know that the view will always go back to the last selected Opus camera view after panning etc but this is not what is happening here.

What is happening is that the view is momentarily going to a straight ahead VC view that is not defined by any opus camera.

gb.

Are you using the A and S keys to alter the view mode or sub-mode. Opus does not reset the eye point prior to camera transitions, it just sets the correct view mode and initialises at the previous camera position, assuming you had a previous camera selected.

Stephen

Also double check to make sure the assigned button or key is not used within the sim or in FSUIPC4 etc.. If you use ANY of the 'in sim' controls (A key, S key, zoom control etc..) then you should put the view made back before switching cameras. The software has no knowledge of anything you do within the sim regarding view or eye point changes. All I can say is that Live Camera simply positions the eye point at the previous camera position before performing the transition. It never selects the 0,0,0,0,0,0 position unless that was defined as the previous view point. Try adjusting the transition speed for your VC views. Set them all to 0 first (instant), then adjust and see if you can isolate what is happening. But remember not to change the view mode at all with any 'in sim' keys or controls.

It never selects the 0,0,0,0,0,0 position unless that was defined as the previous view point. Try adjusting the transition speed for your VC views. Set them all to 0 first (instant), then adjust and see if you can isolate what is happening. But remember not to change the view mode at all with any 'in sim' keys or controls.

Stephen for some reason Opus is definitely showing a 0,0,0,0,0,0 view on my setup.

As a test I started up P3D and made a point of not touching the A/S/Zoom etc keys at all.

I deleted all my camera views and created just two new ones.

View 1 is of the left wing, View 2 is of the overhead area, just to separate them from any confusing

forward view. Assigned a JS button to each view.

I usually use the 0 (instant) transition speed so I left it at that.

Used the default Maule in P3DV2.

Now doing nothing but switching between View 1 and View 2 with the JS buttons over and over again what happens is:

70% of the time the views change correctly ie left wing to overhead to left wing ......

The rest of the time stating at say the left wing view and pressing the overhead view JS button the

view goes from left wing view, to overhead view, to 000000 forward, and back to overhead where it

stops. This takes just a fraction of a second but I can see what is happening.

Starting at the overhead view the same thing can happen in reverse.

I get a slightly different sequence using the A2A Cherokee where the view goes from left wing, to

000000 forward, to overhead.

Pretty sure I have no duplicate assignments.

I have tried different JS buttons and it still happens.

gb.

Perhaps you should email me your P3DSERVER.CAM file so I can load your views. Opus will only display what is configured into it.

Stephen

Are the two views different view modes ? Of course the first thing Opus has to do is change the view mode in which case the sim will change the view. It has to do this, you can't smoothly go from an external view position to a VC position, that's not possible. After the view mode is changed the view's eye point will then be moved to the desired camera position.

Stephen

Are the two views different view modes ?

No, only VC views.

gb.

Email me your P3DSERVER.CAM file in your \OpusFSX folder and I will have a look.

opusfsi@opussoftware.co.uk

Email me your P3DSERVER.CAM file in your \OpusFSX folder and I will have a look.

opusfsi@opussoftware.co.uk

Thanks Stephen I will.

I notice there are about a dozen dated p3dserver.cam files there as well

What is the function of them?

Zgb.

Live Camera keeps date stamped (DDMMYYYY) backups each time you edit.

Here is a rough video of what is happening.

I'm just switching between the only two Opus cameras installed or

selecting the same Opus camera twice.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/67669830/Opustest.mp4

gb.