Hi guys

Is there a UK equivalent to desktopaviator usb boards (http://www.desktopaviator.com/Pages/Boards/index.html)

I know they post to the UK but I would rather purchase locally (so i don't have to pay import charges and wait weeks for delivery etc)

I have used a broken down xbox 360 controller and 2 pc game controllers but the wiring is a nightmare. I would like to tidy it up if possible :)

Thanks

Phil

The one I use is from Leo Bodnar..http://www.leobodnar.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=180

It's the BU0836X. Great board. I'm using 3x in an Avro Shackleton simulator & 1 in another.

Cheers

Robin

Thanks Robin, it looks like just what i need, might go for the

BBI-32 Button Box Interface - With Connectors, and use the 4 throttle pots on the xbox board assuming they will work when i finish building it :)

After doing mega soldering last night, i discovered today some switches aren't working as planned :help:

Best of luck. We first tried with modified joy stick innerds & game controllers but gave then up when I found Leo's site.

For the Shackleton, it has 4x Throttles, 4x mixtures, etc. We ended up using 3x cards as we needed a lot of switches. For our fighter jet, Aermacchi MB326, also known here in the South African Air Force as an Impala, we used 1x card. It just worked, as the plane is a dual seater & we are using the card to it's full, with dual switch panels, front & rear. Thank goodness the control surfaces are all linked. If it was not for FSuipc, I dunno how we would have managed!

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Thanks for the info, do you use LINDA too?  The standard FSX Cessna, for example the beacon light On/Off, Nav Light On/Off switches don't seem to have a command in FSX or FSUIPC but i notice assignments can be done using LINDA.

Hey there,

I'm not using Linda at all, as I have found FSuipc does all. Re the lighting, you sure that FSuipc cannot do i? Maybe just ask on their forum.

Cheers,

Robin

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Hi, I haven't got it all done yet, but i was researching before making sure i am able to do it, and i cannot see the commands on the fsuipc list, landing lights, panel lights and strobes are there but i can't see beacon, nav, fuel pump switch. maybe i willl wait till everything's done on the new board then see what i can find inside the program.

Thanks for the advice