Sign in to follow this  
XCLTM3

Bryan - just a few things for 1.2

Hi Bryan,

just a few things for 1.2 - if possible please:

1. You kindly granted my request for the various voice control measures for  "DISPLAY CHKL" etc. Can you also create a "DISPLAY CLEAR"  -  that way we can have the FO clear the display completely.

2. Can we have the FO update the Altimeter scale on the ground at the gate (with engines running) - nb: I usually fly the 777 with default PMDG engines running at gate at start up.

3. Can you allow the Departure Brief (voice control) to be initiated with engines on at the gate prior to Before Taxi / Flaps Call? (Currently, as I understand it, you can only do so with engines OFF and FO will acknowledge your commands/voice prompt)

Much appreciated.

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

1. Will do.

2. Which flow would you want it attached to?  It might be easier just to hit the 'B' key.

3. Briefs can happen regardless of the engines being on or off.  But I know what you.  I'll extended the range of modes it can be used in.

Cheers,

Hi Bryan,

1. Thank You

2. I regularly press the "B" key - so if you can initiate that Altimeter update/change this way - excellent.

PS: just to make sure we're on the same page - I need the FO to update his side and the Stdby Altimeter or ISFD to Mb (HPA) - particularly as the majority of flights I do are within Australia. (I have FSX settings at "Hybrid - Feet & Millibars") This will require some additional programming I dare say.

3. Thank You

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

2. I regularly press the "B" key - so if you can initiate that Altimeter update/change this way - excellent.
PS: just to make sure we're on the same page - I need the FO to update his side and the Stdby Altimeter or ISFD to Mb (HPA) - particularly as the majority of flights I do are within Australia. (I have FSX settings at "Hybrid - Feet & Millibars") This will require some additional programming I dare say.

There's an option in the PMDG options menu to have the FO's altimeter automatically synced to the Capt's altimeter.

You should have that option enabled as FS2Crew requires it be set that way anway.

Cheers,

I do have that option enabled.

I just need the FO to ensure that his Altimeter (including the stdby Altimeter & ISFD) are showing Pressure in Mb's (HPA) rather than inches.

Currently, I have to adjust each one manually.

For example, on page "PMDG777 .36",

FO'S DESCENT FLOW

UPDATE ALTIMETER SCALE DEPENDING ON WORLD LOCATION (IN/MB)

Therefore, I was thinking that this same premise can be applied whilst sitting at the gate prior to pushback & taxi.

Remembering that I mostly fly with engines on at the gate by default.

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

I kind of agree - I haven't seen the FO do much with his EFIS panel (but I haven't been paying close attention to it yet, either).  Does he turn on traffic display for his ND, for example?  Does he set a specific ND Range at various stages of flight?

Some other thoughts I have for v1.2 and beyond.

• Must set a comm panel or overhead switch (something) before communicating with the ground crew is successful
  • enable voice to (dis)connect both the gpu and air-cart in one request (sentence) like the 737NGX.
  • change flow (maybe just documentation) to when parking brake is set.  How can we set parking brake if hydraulics are not on yet?
  • remember approach briefing panel settings across FS sessions.  I think departure panel is remembered, but not the approach panel.
  • option for FO to set runway turn-off lights for just takeoff/landing flow or for taxi as well (as currently implemented).

:drinks:

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Al

The parking brake always has hydraulic pressure via the brake accumulator which retains pressure even with the pumps off.   If you look below the Capts ND you will see a gauge showing 'Brake Source', this is a reserve supply for the brakes.

Glen

Must set a comm panel or overhead switch (something) before communicating with the ground crew is successful

I did that in the NGX, and all it did was generate support email from people who didn't read the manual.

There's no point in "forcing", but perhaps in 1.2 I'll add an option for users who want that feature "forced" on them.

Points noted on other remarks.

Interesting... I believed that because the accumulator was just above the low orange-area without hydraulics pressurized, that this was not enough.  In other words, parking brakes should be set when the accumulator is in the normal operating range (mid-scale).

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

The parking brakes do not need full system pressure to 'hold' the brakes in the parked position.  If you apply the parking brakes, then remove all electrical power the brakes will still hold, that's the purpose of the brake accumulator system.  However if you release the brakes then apply them again several times you will see the brake accumulator pressure decrease.

The parking brake will normally be applied by the engineer, so when the flight crew arrive the parking brake is already applied.  The only reason its normally released after arrival on stand is because they are still very hot and releasing them allows the air to flow through the discs for cooling.

Glen

Ah, very informative.  After all these years, I'm not sure I knew that...  :)

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Bryan,

Would it be possible to have FS2crew control bar on the side ?

Somehow keeping bar either on top or bottom is disturbing, on the side it would not obstruct any view.

Artur 

I´ve got some wishes as well...

I would love to see an option to disable the "V1" callout (most airlines have an automatic voice that comes up once passing V1), "Apprchoaching Minimum" and "Minimum" callout by the F/O. Furthermore everytime I say "M/A Alt set" the F/O jumpes into the go around mode and it shows "inital climb" in the info bar.

One flow thingy. The right "R HYD DEM Pump" is always switched on and off first and last. This flow is not correct. (FCOM Note: Right demand pump selector must be placed in the AUTO position

first, pressurizing the right system. Failure to pressurize the right system first will transfer hydraulic fluid from the center system into the right system, causing an overfill (OF).)

Another flow that comes from the real world... after landing flow starts from the bottom to the top, so first the transponder then the flaps etc etc.

Thanks, Maik

Would it be possible to have FS2crew control bar on the side ?

Than you need to read it  side ways  which makes it worse  just close it  by using  the key and when you want it  again press the key  to make it appear

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg