Sign in to follow this  
serviceceiling

PMDG's 737 manuals - wrong weights?

So I was just browsing through the FCOMv1 and looking for some numbers I needed and found something odd, which I funnily haven't noticed before. The MTOW and MLW numbers for the -600 to -900 span of variants seem to be off/wrong. The manual says that the 737-800's MTOW is 70,533kg while it should actually be around 79,000kg. I checked wikipidea/boeing's site/and the 737 website from the UK afterwards and it says 79t. there as well.

Am I missing something or is this wrong?

EDIT: I am aware that there is a normal and an IGW version of the -700. Here's my source I am relying on / referring to http://www.b737.org.uk/techspecsdetailed.htm

Yup, the numbers vary for each airframe practically.  Even within an airline each model will have variations between each tail number.  The PMDG numbers represent the airframes that they modelled the simulation upon.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi,

infact there was problably also a typo mistake in that edition of (real) Boeing 737NG Manual...

Ciao

Andrea