Sign in to follow this  
inancatil

ASN vs Rex Weather Direct

Hello everyone. As everyone know , Rex is working on new weather engine Rex Weather Direct. I bought Rex 4 texture yesterday and looking for weather engine. ASN has %20 discount on their products. I can buy ASN without upgrade(doesnt have money for upgrade) or should I wait for Rex weather engine?. I think Rex weather engine will has better compatibility with Rex 4 texture. I would like to see your suggestions. 

hi inancantil,

REX textures will work fine with other weather engines. They are two different things. As for the weather engines, why not try the demos? That's what I did before settling on Pilot's FS Global Real Weather.

This is difficult to say - there is no way to know what REX will offer in its new release. I would say for now save your money and wait and see what REX will bring out.

I am in the same boat. I have no means of obtaining real world weather at the moment, but I do have REX4 and I am eagerly anticipating the weather direct element. I asked in their forum and they confirmed they are still aiming to deliver this year. I didn't want to shell out for something I will eventually get in their forthcoming updates.

On another note, you could get the demo of ASN which lasts for 7 days and give it a go. I did this the other day an it is impressive I have to say. But for me I am not sure I would notice the difference between two weather engines unless one was particularly useless. I doubt the REX weather engine would be useless, but 'whether' it compares equally to others remains to be seen.

There is a lot of ASN and Opus support and probably for good reason, but until REX delivers, there is no way to know which is best.

Tom

Tom

Why not read some useful tips and tricks - http://forum.avsim.n...22#entry1965722

Kinda tricky question, since it involves a product not yet released. But my wote goes to ASN. Hands down the best engine I've tried. Puzzles me why people choose the others, to be honest. But it's good to have options :)

ASN all the way!! It is a great weather program and their support (if needed) is the best I have ever seen. Can't go wrong with ASN!

Lamar Wright

Regards

Lamar Wright

ASN without question. ASN will use whatever textures you own as will most weather engines. ASN has had the best weather engine for years, you can't go wrong with it. Buying an unknown and finding it lacking means that you have to spend more $$ to get ASN.  No brainer to me.  :)

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I would wait  till rex brings out  their new weather engine, we all know what happened when asn brought out   theirs,  and most likely   rex maybe   will top  the others weather engines.

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg