Sign in to follow this  
MarioDonick

XPrealWX / FSrealWX

When talking about weather injectors for X-Plane, people regularly mention EFASS. However, EFASS is somehow bloated if you just need the weather, but not the many (not always finished) other functions, and it has a currently unclear development status (where the devs do not respond since July to any forum threads).

So far I did not see anybody really discussing XPrealWX, the X-Plane version of FSrealWX (whose older freeware version FSrealWX lite was discussed here: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/362792-fsrealwx-lite-it-keeps-its-promises/). I found just one opinion about XPrealWX (http://forum.avsim.net/topic/449738-xp-noaa-weather/#entry3063511).

Currently, XPrealWX is free, because it has release candidate status (RC2). It shows a "20 days trial" message in the window title bar, but it continues to run after the 20 days. It well get payware sometime, though. After a registration, you can download it from http://www.fsrealwx.net/ You need the main progam and the X-Plane plugin.

Personally, I use FSrealWX in combination with SkyMaxx Pro, and I like the results (but I do not care if the weather does not look 100% like the sky outside my house). I don't feel the weather updates are too abrupt (which was criticized in the post mentioned above). XPrealWX' options allow to finetune how often weather is updated, which at least for me gives a smooth update rate.

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

Hey are you using FSrealwx the lite version or the 2.0 ?  

As the lite version does not work with XPRealwx.

Yeah EFASS maybe good but its too bloated.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Hey are you using FSrealwx the lite version or the 2.0

Version 2.0.221 RC2.

Version 2.0.221 RC2.

The paid one ?   

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Ive yet to find how to get the "Trial" version of 2.0 for use with XP.?

You just need to register to download it.

The paid one ?   

Ive yet to find how to get the "Trial" version of 2.0 for use with XP.?

In my first post I wrote:

Currently, XPrealWX is free, because it has release candidate status (RC2). It shows a "20 days trial" message in the window title bar, but it continues to run after the 20 days. It well get payware sometime, though. After a registration, you can download it from http://www.fsrealwx.net/

In my first post I wrote:

Unless I'm missing something, which wouldnt surprise me, it takes me to a page with no download and information saying Beta testing has ended but no link to a download.

"A new version is available for download. 

The beta phase has ended."

FYI...Had to create an account and be logged in to get to the download. thank you

Unless I'm missing something, which wouldnt surprise me, it takes me to a page with no download and information saying Beta testing has ended but no link to a download.

"A new version is available for download. 

The beta phase has ended."

FYI...Had to create an account and be logged in to get to the download.

Which is exactly what I said:

After a registration, you can download it 

;-)

I like it, pretty nice interface, they've really improved it from the past. Need more time with it though, crashed the first time I ran it.

I like it, pretty nice interface, they've really improved it from the past. Need more time with it though, crashed the first time I ran it.

LOL not a good first impression then, I guess ;)

Usually it is pretty stable. In rare cases, it crashes indeed, but I expect this to be improved.

Worked fine for me, thanks for the pointer, certainly one to keep an eye on. I like it too.

Does it allow weather fronts (particularly cloud fronts) to be flown away from and into rather than simply making them suddenly disappear or appear around the plane?

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea