Sign in to follow this  
tonywob

X-Plane 10 for iOS

I noticed this whilst browsing the X-Plane site earlier, and it looks quite interesting

http://www.x-plane.com/mobile/landing/

This version looks like it has basic buildings and is higher resolution, which is a good step up from X-Plane 9, and should hopefully get more people to try out the desktop version

I guess.

What a total "meh" though.

I hope they aren't wasting too many resources on this.

I hope they aren't wasting too many resources on this.

Ha ha, that was my first thought when I saw this. 

The XP9 version bought quite a bit of interest, so maybe XP10 will also. But, yeah, I hope they don't concentrate too much on this, and get back to developing the desktop version.

I can't have semi functioning AI/ATC features, but they have time for that and this:

Hey but wait for the Play Station and XBOX versions too! Not to mention that they are forgetting the Android version ;-)

Alexander Colka

Looks nice but you know what would also be nice? Some new autogen, after all they have been promising it for 3 years. Oh well.

They probably generate more income from their iOS sales then their desktop sales

So iOS is where their development priority is now. 

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

They could add 10 more developers to the team and STILL not have enough resources.

Disappointing.

They probably generate more income from their iOS sales then their desktop sales

So iOS is where their development priority is now. 

Unfortunately this seems to be the case. Although the download is free, it has in-app purchases, etc. It generally seems flight simulation isn't that profitable and we're a small bunch amongst the gaming crowd.

Soooo, if you were wondering like me what happened to the visibility, cloud and weather improvements, now we know. They didn't (happen).  :mad:

Reaffirming my decision to move to p3d 2.4. What a waste..

Why not tackle something that will actually bring people over to XPX, like my no 1 gripe: visual weather representation.

> 15 year old platforms are lightyears ahead of anything XPX can bring to the table in this department. Oh sure, if you try long enough you can snap a great looking shot from amazing clouds (only thanks to skymaxx pro, amazing given what is has to work with). But in the sim itself overall it's rediculous how the weather is represented.

-Roland

It generally seems flight simulation isn't that profitable and we're a small bunch amongst the gaming crowd.

That is true up to a certain point, but one could say that they're not helping themselves by shifting focus away from XP10.

It has so much that's good about it, yet is seriously lacking in some important areas for a "state of the art" flight sim.

Maybe if those well documented short falls were addressed, more people would come over?

Chicken and egg?

These devices and tablets are only good for car racing.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

These devices and tablets are only good for car racing.

Or playing on a flight simulator whilst on a real flight, doing the flight the real plane is doing ;-)