Sign in to follow this  
Mithras

Bush Flying Scottish Style!

I'm currently watching Flying Wild Alaska here in Britain, but I've found my United Kingdom equivalent: flying Flight 1's Britten-Norman Islander for the Shetland Islands Council around the Shetland islands. With my triple screen set-up, big bass speakers (for those screaming BN-2 engines!) and home cockpit build, it is a fantastic and immersive experience! ASN is also spectacular, especially with 2048 clouds and the turbulence effects in SP1.

Some of the airstrips are tiny and extremely rough and uneven (thanks to Orbx Scotland and Scotflight), with a 30 knot wind, most of it crosswind, and torrential rain, it feels like Scotland, and the landings on Foula, Papa Stour, Outer Skerries and Fair Isle, are tough!!

Recommended! I have a smile on my face after every landing :)

Cool. I love flying in too rough small strips. I haven't used the flight 1 britten-norman islander But I do have tons of fun with the Twin Otter.

I like the Twin Otter too, but have only a few hours on it. I'll wheel it out of the hanger at Glasgow for flights to the beach runway at Barra ...

Ya Iv landed there.

Besides the bush hawk and it, I really don't do much fixed wing stuff but I find it pretty fun to try and do some off airport in it. Anywhere theres open tundra and relatively flat ground you can put her down, And that beta mode.............It dose a pretty good impression of a helicopter  :rolleyes:

''Anywhere theres open tundra and relatively flat ground you can put her down'' Unless fsx glitches and you sink in to the terrain, Or you over use your beta and you flop on to your tail, And thats embarrassing.

Yes I've done a lot of flying in Orbx Scotland up there too, you can even simulate the world's shortest scheduled flight (2 mins) from one of those islands to another (sorry, forgot which ones!). :smile:

How do you guys get situated so the yoke on the Twotter doesn't block your view of the instruments? 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I use TrackIR Gregg, and just move forward to check the instruments.

I was afraid that would be the answer.  I have TrackIR but really dislike it.  Maybe they developed it for TrackIR users.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM