Sign in to follow this  
srut2000

Which addons should i buy for 120 dollars

i have a 120 dollars worth of visa gift cards and was wondering what would be the best fsx addons to buy

i already have the pmdg 737ngx, rex essential plus overdrive, pfpx, topcat, and fsdreamteam KDFW

Fly Tampa Dubai, Night environment Dubai.  

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

i have a 120 dollars worth of visa gift cards and was wondering what would be the best fsx addons to buy

i already have the pmdg 737ngx, rex essential plus overdrive, pfpx, topcat, and fsdreamteam KDFW

PMDG 777-200LR/F + PMDG 777-300ER = $115

FTX Global Base = $90 or so

Both have their advantages it depends on what you're into.

I would go for a couple of Flytampa scenery.

If you have any idea of buying the new Aerosoft Airbus 320/321; don't it's a FPS eater

What kind of VFR flying?  There's just cruising, sight seeing, bush flying, etc.  You could go for any of the RealAir birds and have a good amount of cash for other stuff.

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

The RealAir Lancair Legacy has very good flight dynamics, sounds and cockpit visuals. Very immersive and still a budget addon, if you buy it from the developers directly.

A very versatile and easily configurable GA plane is the Aerosoft Extended Twin Otter.

These two could cover your VFR flying needs; feel free to ask something slightly more specific ...   ;-)

BTW, even though your REX includes a weather engine already, you could still consider buying Active Sky Next: The up- and downdraughts created over hilly terrain really add to the immersion of low altitude flying.

Also, Orbx PNW is great for VFR flying.  But they may have a sale in December.  If you like photoreal you could get some Blue Sky scenery for the low, low price of free...particularly good for desert areas.

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

What Bert said, plus ASN if you can make it fit.

Mike

If you are into GA and a bit of bush flying, the Aerosoft Twin Otter Extended is an excellent plane. Also have a look at what Carenado has to offer. I like their C-208 Caravan a lot.

Maybe you want to wait a few more days with your purchase, because it won't take too long anymore and you'll get most planes with a healthy Xmas discount  ^_^

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Orbx have a 30% sale on at Flightsimstore, so get 

FTX Global Base

FTX Global VECTOR

....to upgrade your whole flight sim world

Then, if you're interested in VFR, get the A2A Cherokee and C182.

Happy flying!

Also, Orbx PNW is great for VFR flying.  But they may have a sale in December.

Their sale started today, over at FSS.   30% off.   Including FTX Global, etc.

:smile:

If you have any idea of buying the new Aerosoft Airbus 320/321; don't it's a FPS eater

Completely not true.   It's fantastic on frame rates, as compared to other complex airliners. You must have some issue with it on your configuration