Sign in to follow this  
edetroit

MDesign Domodedevo UUDD

I am (already) from the dark side of FSX.

But I thought I would drop some lines here (you can always ignore them, lol).

If the FS9 version of UUDD is anything similar to the FSX version, I would highly recommend it.

A very nicely done scenery of a really huge aerodrome. Good texturing, care for details, and even quite a lot of area outside of the airport perimeter fence has been reproduced (landclass, buildings, forests, train station). If you have some good AI stuff, especially custome made (like me), you will see a lot of interesting Russian and CIS airlines there. Performance is not stellar, but quite fine as for a large airport with heavy traffic.

In my FS9 times, I was using the Dancer Design UUDD and it was very nice too. But MDesign is a huge step forward.

All in all, compared to the latest UUEE addon, I prefer the UUDD one. I also think it is a more interesting airport in RW.

Thankyou for your imput Robert.

My last experience of a FSX conversion scenery (UUEE) was very bad so I am reluctant to be the first to try.

It looks good and I would really like to have it …..but I'll wait and see. :mellow:

The screenshots sure look tempting but having just installed a GTX970 graphics card my cupboard is bare for the moment.  :unsure:

I'd like to wait also to see whether AES for FS9 will be supported.  Reviews at SimMarket do look favourable.

Who wants to jump in and tell us all about it?

Ed my guess is that Harald will be the first guinea pig among our forum members.   I can't see him refusing this one.   :rolleyes:

Scanning idly through the Sim Market Sales I came up with my list of stuff that I should have, but don't have.

Adding UUDD brings the total close to 200 Euro.

What's a simmer to do?  :wub:

DBS STUDIO - AIRPORT GPS FS2004  $        12.95 AEROSOFT - MEGA AIRPORT LONDON HEATHROW XTENDED FSX P3D FS2004 (DOWNLOAD)  $        23.49 FRANCEVFR - FLIGHT RIVIERA FULL PACK  $        41.93 THAI CREATION - NAMASTE NEPAL: TRIBHUVAN INTL AIRPORT FS2004  $        12.00 AEROSOFT - ANCHORAGE FS2004 (DOWNLOAD)  $        20.97 FSADDON - TONGASS FJORDS FS2004  $        19.95 FSADDON - MISTY FJORDS  $        19.95 THAI CREATION - NI HAO MACAU: MACAU INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT FS2004  $        16.00 MDESIGN - MOSCOW DOMODEDOVO AIRPORT UUDD FS2004  $        19.32

EDIT: I know the temptation to tell me I must have the Alaskan sceneries, is strong.

Do resist, this is something I already know... it's just a time thing.

Well, against my better judgement, I took the plunge and bought this scenery. After the disappointment with DD's UUEE I was nervous...but do not worry - this is excellent scenery of very high quality. Smooth framerates on my old system (21 fps - locked at 30fps). Very nice indeed!

I have only loaded it up to take a quick look and assess performance, and I am pleased. However, I have no first hand knowledge of the real airport, so cannot comment on anything related to accuracy and detail.

Recommended! :smile:

Graeme Butler

Recommended!

Many thanks Graeme for taking the plunge.  Lots of guts.  Credit to you.

Harald will be the first guinea pig among our forum members

Seems that I come too late here (had trombone issues yesterday), but after Riga I'd have made a break anyway.

Thanks to Graemes courage I will buy it, as UUDD was always my favourite airport of Moscow, particularly due to being frequented by all those colourful airlines from the CIS countries.

I promise that I will the guinea pig (something like the Gernan minesweeping cow?) for Baku!

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Just bought and installed it. Lowest FPS are in the solid 20ies with vast AI traffic. The scenery looks awesome! I had to smile when I realized that the installer comes with an option to install textures fitting the converted ORBX textures, which are considered illegal (at least outside Russia). But however, this option fits well for FS9Evo, too.

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

I just bought this scenery and the scenery is not very smooth for me, it's like a jerky motion. Is anyone else have this problem? It's a nice looking scenery, just not very smooth for me. Any ideas on how to make it better?

Yes there is a certain decrease in FPS (I get around 25 with FPS limit set to 30) but by far not as much as at DDs UUEE. Given the fact that UUDD has, in my case at last, the richest AI traffic of the Moscow airports, this seems still good for me.

Do you use add-on sceneries for Moscow city? I once had one that affected FPS seriously if one was at UUDD an looked to north. I still can imagine that FPS at UUDD are influenced by different add-ons and even the above said UUEE add-on.

Happy change 14->15 btw!

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

No I do not have any scenery for Moscow city. The only other scenery I have in the Moscow area is UUEE. I wonder if the UUEE scenery (the one made by Drzewiecki Design) is effecting this UUDD scenery? When I have some time tomorrow I will disable (not uninstall) the UUEE scenery and see if the performance improves at UUDD.

If that does help I can always just disable UUEE when I am using UUDD.

One more question in the UUDD folder there is a folder named Cache and in that folder there are ground textures for the seasons. My question is are those textures for better performance? Or are they like high quality textures?

I rather think that the textures in the "Cache" folder are replacement textures so that the ground textures for UUDD fit better with its surrounding. Maybe it has something to do with the default/ORBX textures option. They have exactly the same size as my FS9Evo textures. Don't believe that they aim a performance improvement.

Nevertheless some of the UUDD textures (especially lightmaps) have a massive size indeed. Maybe a conversion could improve the performance.

P.S. The city add-on I mean added large panel system buildings ("Plattenbau/Tipovuhi") to several Russian cities. I had to abandon it due to its performance hunger.

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Just wanted to let everyone know that I disabled the UUEE scenery and deleted the static aircraft that came with the UUDD scenery and my performance at UUDD is much better. So now whenever I go to UUDD I will have to remember to disable the UUEE scenery.

Thanks for your feedback! In the meantime, I have converted the biggest texture files of UUDD but this brought only a minor improvement.

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg