Sign in to follow this  
Simon Larsson

Performance manager

Good morning,

I was wondering if there will be any kind of performance manager that will let me reduce the virtual cockpit textures in a way similar to what I was able to do with the 737 NGX? I remember there were some discussions about it earlier after the 777 released.

I have searched the forum but wasn't able to find any information.

Simon Larsson

Simon Larsson

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1

Intel Core i7 CPU 950 @ 3.07Ghz, 6.0 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470

I was wondering if there will be any kind of performance manager that will let me reduce the virtual cockpit textures in a way similar to what I was able to do with the 737 NGX? I remember there were some discussions about it earlier after the 777 released.

I believe there are some options in the Operations Center. I don't recall what they are, though, as I've never needed to mess with them. You can also change some options (though not related to textures) on the PMDG SETUP> menu of the CDU as well.

Kyle Rodgers

I have done everything I can to reduce load on my system, among that the options you are referring to. I was looking for the possibility to turn down the texture size since that gave me a lot of smoothness with the NGX, without - in my opinion - any noticable loss of texture quality.

Simon Larsson

Simon Larsson

You can decrease the DU framerates using the CDU as mentioned by Kyle; but I think you have something else going on if you are seeing a significant difference between B777 and B737. Most of us reported very similar FSX FPS during testing.  As far as texture load, you have scenery options but the 3D model is complex and would require significant effort to support this option. 

With your specs as shown below your signature, you should be getting good results.  In my opinion, the FPS value doesn't mean much as long as the animation is fluid and there are no stutters.

Dan Downs KCRP

I do not have any scenery installed exept for AFCAD files to correct airport layouts, and FSX general scenery and texture quality setting are about 30-40 % which I am happy with. I see the same results in the 777 as in the NGX without any reduced textures sizes (the two are very similar in system load), but since I can't reduce them for the 777 there will be a missing link to achieve the smoothness I have within the NGX.

Anyhow, I'll wait and see if a future update will include the option.

Simon Larsson

Simon Larsson