Sign in to follow this  
edetroit

DXTFixerX v2.2

One of the best tools for FS I've ever seen.  Worked a treat on my setup with no problems noted.  Thanks Peter!

John G.

BTW, since yesterday I ran the program and have seen absolutely NO problems as a result....

Cheers

Ian

Thanks Ian!

Peter I had an issue with this: when I tried opening the log an error popped up to the effect that the file was in use by another programme?

FWIW: I had Wordpad as the default programme to open txt files.

I changed it to Notepad and the problem is resolved.

Ian (At least I think that's my name - I'd check by looking at my drivers license except I can't remember where I left my wallet....) :lol:

Quiet Ian! If the powers that be think us age challenged folks are still having fun they are liable to start charging a fee or make us pay a tax. Old fart fun fee!

I tried writing my name on the back of my hand with a magic marker once. The next mourning when I awoke I couldn't figure out why someone would sneak into my bedroom and write their name on my hand.

Reminds me of some info - commercial that was running for a while. "Do you have memory loss?". Ahhhh, . . . . . I don't know and if I can't remember what I've forgot how in the world would I know I can't remember it. By the time I get around to remembering something I've usually forgotten the question.

Now what were we discussing? I'll be back as soon as I reread everything, . . . . . . . . . .

Seriously, I can joke about it, because it really isn't a problem for me (yet). Severe memory loss must truly be a frustrating and burdensome affliction.

Thanks Peter, great utility and definitely a must have.

Regards to all,

Hi Mel. You had me ROTFL though my A is still intact so the AO part ended well. What on earth does one sit on while flight simming for hours if your A has dropped off??? :lol:

The best remedy I've found so far for memory loss is a bottle (or two) of good wine. (Scotch would also work if you're into that).. It doesn't actually improve the memory but it gives a perfectly good social excuse for not remembering...

Cheers mate - thanks for putting a smile on my face on this cold morning

Ian

Hi All,

Just a quick question. How long did it take DXTFixerX V2 to complete the process on your FS9 root drive.. I can run it against individual folders no problem, but when I ran it against the root it was going all night and seemed to hang ..

I do have a lot of aircraft and scenery so I guessed it would take some time but just wondering about your experience with it.

All the best, John

How long did it take DXTFixerX V2 to complete the process on your FS9 root drive.

I think about one hour and a half, I didn't really check the time.

Two or three hours here.

Harald

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Put me down for at least two hours.  I had know idea it would have taken so long.  If it is compatible with FSX wonder how long it would take?

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

The first time you run it the longer it is likely to take because it will have a lot more work to do. So maybe first time, divide it up into specific folders - addon scenery one night, main textures another night, aircraft a third etc. Once most of them are fixed and it's just a matter of it finding a few that have been added since the initial fix, it only take an hour or so on my machine to cover the whole sim. Given the huge number of files it is checking, it's amazingly fast

Ian

Ian, you are right. When I ran the whole FS9 folder I had already run it over the aircraft and scenery directories so that might've been a reason it took less for the lot.

Just going over the aircraft directory took 45 minutes.

Best tool of the year.

The crazy thing is to think that FS9 can still be further improved almost ten years after its release!

I think all FSniners should d/l this gem. It's about missing alphas and how this causes stuttering. 

Once found it can fix them all if you wish at the touch of a ..mouse click

Run it on your FS9 root folder and see how many faults it finds( So it will check all sceneries, Flyable aircraft, AI aircraft …the lot) . I think you will be shocked.

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=187538&CatID=genutils

I think this file should be called "U_thought_ur_ FS9.5 was smooth b4"

Thankyou Peter Nyman. :Applause:

Hey I just ran a scan with this tool and only two add-ons has alpha error

here is my log

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Aircraft\HJG McDonnell Douglas DC-10-30 v2\texture.american_airlines_1983_30_n136aa\WINDOWS_T.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Aircraft\HJG McDonnell Douglas DC-10-30 v2\texture.mcdonnell_douglas_1972_30_n1399u\WHEELS_T.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Aircraft\HJG McDonnell Douglas DC-10-30 v2\texture.mcdonnell_douglas_1972_30_n1399u\WINDOWS_T.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Aircraft\HJG McDonnell Douglas DC-10-40 v2\texture.northwest_airlines_1996_40_n152us\WINDOWS_T.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Aircraft\PMDG737-700\texture.WNS\binbot_T.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Aircraft\PMDG737-700\texture.WNS\bindoor.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Aircraft\PMDG737-700\texture.WNS\bindoor_T.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Aircraft\PMDG737-700\texture.WNS\cp1_T.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Aircraft\PMDG737-700\texture.WNS\CP2_T.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Aircraft\PMDG737-700\texture.WNS\CP3_T.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Aircraft\PMDG737-700\texture.WNS\decal_nnumber.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Aircraft\PMDG737-700\texture.WNS\pilot2_t.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Aircraft\PMDG737-700\texture.WNS\pilot_T.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Aircraft\PMDG737-700\texture.WNS\pmdg_plate.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Aircraft\PMDG737-700\texture.WNS\PMDG_PLATE_L.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Aircraft\PMDG737-700\texture.WNS\pmdg_pod_T.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Aircraft\PMDG737-700\texture.WNS\PMDG_Tail_L.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Aircraft\PMDG737-700\texture.WNS\pmdg_vc_five_T.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Aircraft\PMDG737-700\texture.WNS\pmdg_vc_seven_L.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Aircraft\PMDG737-700\texture.WNS\vcabin_2_t.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Aircraft\PMDG737-700\texture.WNS\vcabin_3_T.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Aircraft\PMDG737-700-Winglets\texture.WNL\binbot_T.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Aircraft\PMDG737-700-Winglets\texture.WNL\bindoor.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Aircraft\PMDG737-700-Winglets\texture.WNL\bindoor_T.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Aircraft\PMDG737-700-Winglets\texture.WNL\cp1_T.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Aircraft\PMDG737-700-Winglets\texture.WNL\CP2_T.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Aircraft\PMDG737-700-Winglets\texture.WNL\CP3_T.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Aircraft\PMDG737-700-Winglets\texture.WNL\decal_nnumber.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Aircraft\PMDG737-700-Winglets\texture.WNL\pilot2_t.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Aircraft\PMDG737-700-Winglets\texture.WNL\pilot_T.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Aircraft\PMDG737-700-Winglets\texture.WNL\PMDG_Belly_T.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Aircraft\PMDG737-700-Winglets\texture.WNL\pmdg_plate.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Aircraft\PMDG737-700-Winglets\texture.WNL\PMDG_PLATE_L.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Aircraft\PMDG737-700-Winglets\texture.WNL\pmdg_pod_T.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Aircraft\PMDG737-700-Winglets\texture.WNL\PMDG_Tail_L.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Aircraft\PMDG737-700-Winglets\texture.WNL\pmdg_vc_five_T.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Aircraft\PMDG737-700-Winglets\texture.WNL\pmdg_vc_seven_L.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Aircraft\PMDG737-700-Winglets\texture.WNL\vcabin_2_t.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Aircraft\PMDG737-700-Winglets\texture.WNL\vcabin_3_T.bmp

ALPHA ERROR IN: C:\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Texture\drkgrayroof.bmp

Should I apply the fix for HJG and PMDG?

Doyle Edwards