Sign in to follow this  
Deaf Pilot

Real Video

I shot this video on October 22nd, 2003. I will be adding a couple more videos of the other flights later on. This flight is a United 737, San Jose, California to Denver, Colorado. I was not allowed to film the next flight, which was Denver to Indianapolis, Indiana, but I was able to film the two flights home. The next video will be the crown jewel of the three... Skimming along a solid cloud deck at sunset. Please let me know if you'd like a higher quality video, which I will be making. The high quality video will probably be about 75MB. Also, if you are on dialup and would like a smaller size video, please let me know as well and I'll be happy to put one up. I am hosting this on my own website so let me know if there are any problems. Thanks and enjoy the video!Flight #1SJC-DEN10:0025.10MBhttp://www.idratherbeflying.net/Videos/Flight1.wmv

Guest KChapman

Todd,Great video! At one point (4:42), you were zoomed in on a lake or other object, and it sounds like a cat's tail is being pulled. Was that the plane, a baby, a seeing-eye cat, or what? Thanks for hosting the video. It's great to see real-world flight once in a while, too. ;-)Kevin

lol I have no idea... I can't hear anything at that time... strange lol. I'm glad you enjoyed it though. Wait 'til you see the next one... just gorgeous footage!

Guest KChapman

Yeah, probably just another step in my progressive spiral into blithering insanity. If you have the time, start at around 4:30 into it. You panned from your window to the one in front of you at 4:34, zoomed in on a lake at 4:40, turned the page to what looks like a frozen lake surrounded by mountains to the east at 4:42, and voila, screeching at 4:43 with subsequent and more subdued sounds like the first one continue on and off until 4:52. Then again, I'm probably just losing it... :D Here's to losing it!:-beerchug Happy flying,Kevin

Awesome video, just watched it for my third time :D Love the speed on takeoff and landing :DI heard the sound too, I think it was the baby :(

Guest TerryT

I too along with my cats heard what seemed to be a cat cry.On the leading edge of the wing, aprox 1/3 in from the tip is a black panel. Does anyone know what that might be for? I have noticed some old mD-80s that TWA flew had them. If this would have been an general aviation type,(Cessna, Piper, and Mooney) I would have thought they were the radome over the weather radar mounted in the wing.Finally, it sure looks like the pilot kept his speed up on the "High-Speed" as he exited the runway. In fact it looks like he was doing at least 40 Kts as he turned onto the taxiway. Maybe it was just the camera angle. Was this a digital camera? (no tape)Terry

lol Youre not losing it... I dont know what it is but I did hear it this time. Oh well lol. I'm just about done with the other videos, so they should be up shortly. They are both about the same size as this one. One of them is from takeoff to landing, and the other one is a highlight of that video, the skimming the clouds then going into them part, but at high quality so you can get a better look if you want to.

I believe that black "panel" is probably one of the landing lights, although it looks too solid black to be a landing light. It could be smoked lens though. Anyone else have any idea?And yes he did keep his speed coming off there. 40 sounds about right. It definitely was fast.This was taken with a digital video camera. (JVC GR-DVL725U)

Guest TerryT

Todd, Thanks for the info and looking forward to watching the up coming videos.Terry

Okay guys, here's some more for ya. Trust me, this one is worth looking at. I've supplied a preview picture of it. I have a dentist appointment to go to right now, but I do have one more flight video for you guys. It's a night video, but I'll be able to brighten it up a little so it'll be easier to see details. Also,the flight took place over active thunderstorms, so I was able to catch a few bolts of lighting lighting up the clouds.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/70243.jpgFlight #2IND-ORD11:3528.97MB(This is the full flight)http://idratherbeflying.net/Videos/Flight2.wmvFlight #2 HIGHLIGHT2:5921.60(This is the highlight of Flight #2 at high resolution)http://idratherbeflying.net/Videos/SurlyBonds.wmvIf youre curious about the rest of the website, it's not up yet, but you can see what I have up at the moment:http://idratherbeflying.net/

Guest ba747heavy

Awesome Todd! I love those videos :D

Jaw dropping, especially the highlight video... I would pay the full round trip ticket just to fly like that :-eek

Love them so far, can't wait for the 3rd.... :D

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

Guest tinman

>On the leading edge of the wing, aprox 1/3 in from the tip is>a black panel. Does anyone know what that might be for? The black section on the wing is for the pilots to visually detect ice buildup from the cockpit.

Thats pretty interesting... I wouldnt have thought of that.