Sign in to follow this  
smilingjoe

Losing Sound after Preflight Checklist

Hi, I've been having this problem for awhile, and have not found a solution.

I am running FS2Crew w/ Voice on the NGX

Every flight I have, I have the voice for the preflight procedures and the checklist. I have checked my audio with the audio config in your tool. Everything is great. Up until the point of the the before start procedures. Right there I lose all audio from fs2crew. I run the config tool, and I hear nothing, yet not 2 minutes before it worked fine. The Co-pilot still reconizes my commands, so if I just say "check" a bunch of times the system does go through the procedures and still listens to my commands, I just can't hear what he is saying. I lose the cabin crew sounds at this point too.

I have reinstalled fs2crew completly

I have reinstalled my audio drivers

I have checked the fs2crew audio config. I always lose the audio after the preflight checklist, and the before start procedures.

It has worked completly before a couple of months ago, but just all of a sudden it has stopped in the middle. If it were a driver conflict I don't think i would get any audio, or ateast not lose it at the exact same spot every single time.

Any suggestions or a log I can view to see why I lose audio?

Thanks

It has worked completly before a couple of months ago, but just all of a sudden it has stopped in the middle.

That makes it tough.

I'm guessing the problem is your headset... it's somehow momentarily losing the connection, and becoming disconnected from the system.

Can you try again with a different headset?

Unfortunately, I don't have another headset, but I have tried both with the headset and with the speakers and it quits at the exact same spot.

I am doubting it has anything to do with the headset, as A) I've never had a problem with it besides this (I can still have the regular fsx sound effects out of the headset just fine) and it works in other games, and B) it does it at the exact same spot in the checklist (if it were a hardware error or failure, I would think that it would be slightly more random than the same spot on the checklist).

I have tried disabling skype and other audio programs (as suggested in other posts).

I have seen this issue a couple of times pop up in the forums (even one where I replied asking if there was a solution, and at that point in sept it was the same symptoms, but the flight crew sounds still played, but now I don't even get those.)

Any other suggestions?

Any other suggestions?

Not really I'm afraid.

You said it worked fine before then out of the blue it stopped working.

Something somewhere must have changed on your system since the FS2Crew code didn't change.... so it's a needle in a haystack situation.

Send me a Support Ticket.

You can show me this via a Remote Desktop.

Cheers,

I'm not totally comfortable with remote desktop (absolutely nothing to do with you, just my little stand RDS), but if you would like I can record a video of what happens on the weekend and post it if that works. Would you like me to still send a support ticket as well?

Now it seems to be working fine with no changes. Not sure what the problem was but it seems to be working now

I have also had this problem. Has anyone managed to find a solution? 

If your headset/sound card disconnects from your computer, the FS2Crew audio engine will disconnect as well.

It can happen in a micro second... reasons for it could be many... but we can't control your hardware.

Solution:

Reset the system by pressing the VOICE button on the FS2Crew Main Panel to shut down voice.

Wait a minute while it unloads.

Then press the VOICE button again,.

Thanks Bryan - I'll give it a go. It happens most of the time. I've tried using a headset and I've tried just using the built in mic on the PC. When it happened last night I made the mistake of pressing RunPF and of course, this reset FS2 crew so I had to quit the flight. 

I'll try what you suggest - I love the software and very much hope I can get it working :-)

I've tried using a headset and I've tried just using the built in mic on the PC

I wouldn't use a built in mic in a laptop... it'll get too much interference from your speakers.

A $20 USB headset (USBs are best) is the way to go.

Cheers,

Thanks. I've got some USB headsets. I suppose if it keeps happening I have two choices - kepp resetting it using the 'voice' button, or try to work out what is causing the disconnect. I don't hold out much hope on that front as I am not too tech savvy. Here's hoping!  Will update after some more tests. Appreciate the prompt replies.