Sign in to follow this  
Driver170

Track ir 5 gone all jittery

All of a sudden my track ir isn't running smooth anymore and becomes stuttery when looking left or right when taxing, this happens every 10-20 seconds when looking about in all directions it seems to come and go when it pleases. very annoying anyone have any tips or help will be appreciated.

I have tried a new fsx.cfg

affinitymask=14

set priority to high and set it to run on core 0

tried various settings within track ir

i'm using the seth profile

using the latest GTX780 DRIVER 344.75

running fsx, with pmdg 737 ngx, ezdok camera, ASN, REX4D and OS7

Vernon Howells

Hi Vernon,

I have TrackIR and whilst I don't have your exact problem I did have a problem once a while back with reflections being picked up by the ProClip. I traced it back to reflections on the back wall of the room from a picture frame, whilst the result was very similar to what your experiencing. So it might be worth checking reflections in the room, maybe a new picture recently hung somewhere.............You could try darkening the room and seeing if that cures your issue first.

Just thinking aloud, hope those idea's help.

Happy Flying,

Dave Phillips.

Hi dave i have a mirror off to my right shoulder but its been there since i had track ir 7 months ago and had no problems with it. The mirror isn't directly behind me its kinda a metre and half off.

What settings have you got set in track ir like smoothness, Speed, track ir threshold light etc

Main light is off and i use a small light at night

Vernon Howells

Check to see if you are getting the same kind of behavior in the TrackIR app window both with and without FSX running. Camera view should only show you three green dots from the ProClip. See what your settings are for Light Filter Brightness.

Its all smooth within track ir

3 green dots only showing

I've got it set to max at the moment had 70 earlier

Vernon Howells

I know that this response isn't going to be all that helpful, but my suggestion is to disable each add-on one at a time and see if it makes any difference. REX 4 TD doesn't run while FSX is active, so that isn't a possibility. All it does is replace the default FSX sky, cloud and other textures. ASN is running, but it only does anything when it injects new weather, which would be every 15 minutes by default. EZDOK is the only other culprit and I would disable that first. You can also see if it happens with any other aircraft instead of the 737.

You could also try "Seth's FSX profile" that is downloadable from the official TrackIR forum, but I doubt that it will help. It seems like your TrackIR is working properly, but the SimConnect connection with FSX is causing some kind of problem. If you also had either P3d or XP10, you could probably figure that out.

You can own a view in the track ir software to check what the camera sees. It will show the tracking dots as well as other light sources. You can then play with the settings to make it less sensitive to other light sources.

Stay rays of sunlight wreak havoc on my track ir. My wife also placed a lit scented candle on a desk behind me and off to one side. That caused all sorts of intermittent and strange behaviors.

I never got trackir 5 to run smoothly and therefore still use ti 4, which works perfectly for me. Does your problem go away with ti4?

Stephan

I know that this response isn't going to be all that helpful, but my suggestion is to disable each add-on one at a time and see if it makes any difference. REX 4 TD doesn't run while FSX is active, so that isn't a possibility. All it does is replace the default FSX sky, cloud and other textures. ASN is running, but it only does anything when it injects new weather, which would be every 15 minutes by default. EZDOK is the only other culprit and I would disable that first. You can also see if it happens with any other aircraft instead of the 737.

You could also try "Seth's FSX profile" that is downloadable from the official TrackIR forum, but I doubt that it will help. It seems like your TrackIR is working properly, but the SimConnect connection with FSX is causing some kind of problem. If you also had either P3d or XP10, you could probably figure that out.

Its smooth as butter with default 737 800.

I will disable EZDOK later tonight and report back

You can own a view in the track ir software to check what the camera sees. It will show the tracking dots as well as other light sources. You can then play with the settings to make it less sensitive to other light sources.

Stay rays of sunlight wreak havoc on my track ir. My wife also placed a lit scented candle on a desk behind me and off to one side. That caused all sorts of intermittent and strange behaviors.

Thanks i'll play about with settings again but they all got hammered yesterday i tried all day with various settings!

I never got trackir 5 to run smoothly and therefore still use ti 4, which works perfectly for me. Does your problem go away with ti4?

I'm sure i switched to ti4 and slight stutters appeared but i will try and revert back to ti4 and play about with it.

Before i was running ti5 with no problems and the stutters started

Vernon Howells

I'm sure i switched to ti4 and slight stutters appeared but i will try and revert back to ti4 and play about with it.

I don't remember experiencing any stutters caused by TIR4. TIR5 on the other hand, is far too sensitive for me, even after turning down all settings and eliminating background lights.

Stephan

I don't remember experiencing any stutters caused by TIR4. TIR5 on the other hand, is far too sensitive for me, even after turning down all settings and eliminating background lights.

I'll go back to the latest ti4 version and report back!

I meant to say "open a view" in my post above.

Its not picking up any other light sources except those 3 green dots on my cliptrack pro

Vernon Howells

Think i have found the problem. soon as i right click on Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and click exit from the hidden icons on the bottom right corner and exit the software, i then get no stutters soon as i run it, i get stutters. 

i have always run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware with track ir 5 why has this started software started these stutters?

Vernon Howells