Sign in to follow this  
cmbaviator

B777 very low pitch rate

Hi guys.

On my opinion, I think that the pitchrate is too slow :

I have the saitek yoke proflight yoke with the axis assigned in FSUIPC with -16383/0/+16383 and 0 in slope and I have the b777's yoke has the same deflection as my Saitek. I really need to make so big input in order to make pitch attitude correction. but when watching video on youthe , pilots only make little correction and the plane responds well. I'll provide a video tommorow, will be easier to understand what i mean.

CMB

if you need big inputs then the airplane may be trimmed incorrectly. Do you have the FBW trim reference bug visible on the PFD? If not you can turn it on by going to PMDG SETUP> - OPTIONS> - SIMULATION> and on page 1 make sure the option "SHOW FBW TRIM REF SPEED" is selected to <YES>. That will make sure the aircraft is in trim for the speed you are flying at.

I really need to make so big input in order to make pitch attitude correction

It seems you're not in trim if this is the case.

As mentioned by Antoni, try turning the FBW TRIM REF SPEED bug on to help you set your trim properly.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi guys.

On my opinion, I think that the pitchrate is too slow :

I have the saitek yoke proflight yoke with the axis assigned in FSUIPC with -16383/0/+16383 and 0 in slope and I have the b777's yoke has the same deflection as my Saitek.

I don't think its a good idea to calibrate your yoke to match the VC animation. That could reduce pitch response. Far better to make full deflection of your yoke give full deflection in FSX. Also make sure sensitivity in FSX is maximum and null zone minimum. Finally as others have said ensure you are in trim when hand flying.

ki9cAAb.jpg

guys :

My aircraft was in trim ( stable at 1000 feets RA) TRS on Vapp.

My sensitivy is set so 10 % deflection on my yoke = 10 % deflection on b777's yoke

My sensitivy is set so 10 % deflection on my yoke = 10 % deflection on b777's yoke

My memory is poor, but I did read recently in a technical article that you want to calibrate full span only in FSX.... if you are modifying a control response curve to match controller deflection angles then that will introduce response errors.

Dan Downs KCRP

Again, this is a compromise due to the fact that we don't have real forces on the yoke in FSX. In the real airplane, it's always the exact same amount of deflection required to do something regardless of the trim state (assuming the same airspeed - the C*U law does blend between commanding a pitch rate or a g-load at different airspeeds), it just takes more or less force on the yoke to do it. That dynamic is a really important part of flying a plane in real life, so we tried to simulate it by altering the amount of deflection required based on the trim state. It's not what happens in the real airplane, but being out of trim and only needing to apply a tiny small amount of deflection to input against the trim feels incredibly weird and we decided against doing that. The only way to truly get this right is going to be something that can replicate force feedback the way the real yoke does.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com