Sign in to follow this  
Patco Lch

Any one have FTX Globel Base?

If so do you recommend it at $57.64? I already have FScene4x  and wonder if it would be a worth while improvement.  I have only recently started flying to South America and Europe. There doesn't seem to be any photo real of large areas of Latin America to be found and am wanting a more realistic view of the Andes  and Brazilian jungles as well as Central America. Do you need the FTX Vector to go with it which would increase the expenditure? Thanks in advance for any advice or comments. 

Vic green

Oh, a LOT of people have it! :smile:

Yes, it is definitely worth the money.    It is in an absolutely different league and generation to FScene4X (which hails from FS9 texture technology).

You will not believe the difference when transitioning from FScene to FTX Global.

You don't need FTX Vector to go with it, it just adds more detail in the form of more acurate coastlines and other vector data.

Now that we are talking about Global textures,  it has the uninstaller nowadays, has it?

How does it live with my UTX Europe andUS? What about addon aiports and their respective textures?

It's worth the full price, the price it's for sale right now is a steal.

Definitely worth it. Like previously mentioned, vector is not necessary, but will add accurately placed roads, coastlines, parks, power lines, golf courses, etc.

Now that we are talking about Global textures,  it has the uninstaller nowadays, has it?

How does it live with my UTX Europe andUS? What about addon aiports and their respective textures?

Works great with those two products. Shouldn't affect addon airports, as long as they're layered above FTX stuff in your scenery library (if you get Vector though, that will mess with some of the airport elevations, but you can easily adjust that for the particular airport in the FTX configurator tool).

I know there are some addon airports (namely Flightbeam Denver in my experience) that include optional surrounding textures that blend in better with FTXG.

Sounds good. Can you confirm the uninstaller, it was a point of concern for many when Global was released.

I concur with all the posts. Global Base will definitely make the default FSX look a lot better. Flying into areas like South America and Asia looks a lot better with this product.  I purchased FTX Global Vector and I am hopping to try it out more over the next couple of weeks. I purchased it because of the Black Friday/Thanksgiving specials. It was one of the last big upgrades other than airports that I need to make to transform the sim. 

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Yes, I recently purchased it after many recommendations from friends, fellow pilots, and people from Avsim. It is really worth the money.

And how would FTX Global compare to GEX?

Menno

Menno 

i7-11700, 16GB, 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, RTX 3070, Windows 11, MSFS 2020 DeLuxe, P3D 4.5

FTX Global is a must but FTX Vector still creates all kinds of texture anomolies and elevation issues with 3rd party add on airports.

If you get some LC for the world like Scenery Tech together with FTX Global the world looks much better in my opinion.

I don't own UTX but I believe it includes LC and can be configured to work with FTX Global.

I should also add that I am getting a runtime error when using the config panel. I have't figured out a fix. 

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Now that we are talking about Global textures, it has the uninstaller nowadays, has it?

Works fine with them all

Still speculating as the information is mostly of Ftx origin.

Is Global x area sensitive i.e. does it use some kind of information about Earth's surface? Or just FSX based? I' m referring to the FSX' s in-built climate change warning (everything has turned into desert). Do we have fields and open country in Poland and forests in Scandinavia or is it Orbx imagination how the World looks like? This questoning concerns of course the situation without any landclass addon.